Anyone have this problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
So It appears i have a problem having a headunit that my subs cant destroy. Im on my third headunit that skips like a ***** if i play a cd and start to go heavy on the bass. The current deck i have (Kenwood KDC x693) had no problem playing cds when i first got it but now after a year it skips and shuts off if i try to listen to cds at all. I beleive the faceplate has loosened itself and it looses connection with the headunit when the bass hits. Anyway i wanted to see if anyone has this problem and what you guys suggest, ill probabaly be getting a new one soon

When buying a new HU, dont even consider the cd player,stick with a USB port, and an aux. ,and maybe a direct Ipod hook up.
Why would you ever suggest looking for aux over CD playing capabilties? I Mainly use usb anyway but without going lossless on my ipod and taking up a fackload of space cd still beats all in playback quality plus bass cds etc.

Why would you ever suggest looking for aux over CD playing capabilties? I Mainly use usb anyway but without going lossless on my ipod and taking up a fackload of space cd still beats all in playback quality plus bass cds etc.
I recommended due to your cd skipping situation,and supposed continuation of damage.It is another/extra alternative rather than the cd.All three options given unlimited possibilities, unless you find a way to hook up a portable cd player, and place it in your lap,is what I used back in the day when my HU skipped.Just a suggestion to you.

a very fine film of dielectric grease on the faceplate connection might solve your loose face plate issue. I had to do this once a year or so on my old 860mp and worked great for a while.

unless you use a higher kbps it should sound just like the cd

a very fine film of dielectric grease on the faceplate connection might solve your loose face plate issue. I had to do this once a year or so on my old 860mp and worked great for a while.
This is a good idea thank you ill have to try this out

unless you use a higher kbps it should sound just like the cd
Well i know for a fact i have a **** ton of music thats compressed that audibly much worse and lacking more in the lower freqs. Getting all of this in a better format would take forever. and this is more because i have some cds that i like to keep in my car when i dont have my ipod on me etc, not a normal source

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.