Anyone have experience with these 3-way 6.5" Component sets?

Participant count
  • Participant list
DLS Ultimate UP36i

Hertz HSK 163.4

PHD MF 6.3

Morel Virtus 603

CDT Audio HD 632

So, I would really like to get a 3-way component system for my front stage. I will likely not get an opportunity to hear these, so it will be a blind buy.

I did have some CDT tweeters a while back and did enjoy their sound, but I may be leaning toward the DLS, Hertz, or Morel. I have listened to the Hertz Mille series, and they sounded incredible, but I'm not going to get into the $1200 range.

So, how far does the quality drop from the Hertz Mille to the Hertz HSK series?

How does the Hertz set compare to the Morel or DLS?

If anyone has heard more than one of these sets, can you compare/contrast?

I currently have an MB Quart 6.5" component set with a second set of 1.5" Polk MOMO tweeters boosting the midrange. It sounds actually pretty good, but I think that I will get some improvement from a matching set with a true dedicated midrange.

Thanks for any suggestions.

W

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.