anyone good with win isd or good with boxes

Participant count
  • Participant list

cocoleveo7686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
So i kinda leveled it down to 2 12" DC AUDIO LEVEL 3 or Ampere audio 3.0 as they require small boxes but i have found much on it.

I can fit 3.2 cubes total after displacement and i used win isd and i dont know if im doing this right but it shows that the dc level will kill the ampere with the same box and everything i have the same but i needed someone to check it out!

I am going to be running them off of a American Bass VFL 175.1 Thanks in advance

sorry its hard to see they are both in a 3 cube ft box tuned to 34 hz. Yellow is the dc and Green is the ampere audio. Maybe i have something wrong. But i didnt put 3400 rms for power i kept them both at 1 watt.

I'm in for this as well, as im trying to zero in on optimal box size.

I got box size information from a few vendors, they said 1.75-2 cubes.

And i know, their site says "Small boxes", whereas this is kind of an average range.

I'm in for this as well, as im trying to zero in on optimal box size. I got box size information from a few vendors, they said 1.75-2 cubes.

And i know, their site says "Small boxes", whereas this is kind of an average range.

I emailed the company myself see what they say. If thats the case i may be going with dc audio. They recommend 1.25 and id so 1.6 each tuned to 34hz

I emailed the company myself see what they say. If thats the case i may be going with dc audio. They recommend 1.25 and id so 1.6 each tuned to 34hz
Which DC's?

Here's tfade with a aa3.0v1 in 2 cubes. Looks beasty

Why don't you just stick the amperes in the box you have now?

Which DC's?
Here's tfade with a aa3.0v1 in 2 cubes. Looks beasty

The dc level 3. Bc the box i thought was 4.0 cubes is 2.6 after displacement so im gonna build or have someone build me brand new according to the subs i get.

I saw that on youtube. I actually pm him on smd forums to ask what he thought. But if i can get good with win isd it should show what would be better in my application. I havent bought subs yet

That 10 dB knee in the response doesn't necessarily guarantee a one-note-wonder kind of bass, but that's much more narrow than I like to see for daily listening. See if you can get a compromise between the two graphs.

The dc level 3. Bc the box i thought was 4.0 cubes is 2.6 after displacement so im gonna build or have someone build me brand new according to the subs i get.
I saw that on youtube. I actually pm him on smd forums to ask what he thought. But if i can get good with win isd it should show what would be better in my application. I havent bought subs yet
I asked him on caco and he said 2 cubes but bigger is better. idk if he's thinking of the v1 or v2 though. We want answers! If it's gotta be more than 2 cubes I'm just gonna go with a 10. Btw I'm color blind so I can't differentiate between the yellow and the green. Which one is the peaky data plot?

That 10 dB knee in the response doesn't necessarily guarantee a one-note-wonder kind of bass, but that's much more narrow than I like to see for daily listening. See if you can get a compromise between the two graphs.
I dont want something that is a 1 note wonder. I want something that plays 30hz up to 55 well. Not lookingto compete i want a loud daily

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I asked him on caco and he said 2 cubes but bigger is better. idk if he's thinking of the v1 or v2 though. We want answers! If it's gotta be more than 2 cubes I'm just gonna go with a 10. Btw I'm color blind so I can't differentiate between the yellow and the green. Which one is the peaky data plot?
Real peaky is the dc sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.