Anyone ever come across one of these?

solrighal
10+ year member

Hi folks.

Specifically, I'm looking for a short USB cable with an angled male end and female at the other. My HU (Alpine CDE-102Ri) has a USB socket on the right side. Unfortunately it's incredibly close to my left knee (aye, wrong side of the car, heard it, lol) and I ve managed to damage a couple of flash drives because of this. A short cable which could be hidden somewhere on the central armrest would go some way to remedying this as long as it had a discrete angled male end.

I've Googled but so far come up empty. Any of you guys ever seen such a thing?

Gordon.

is there a usb jack on the back of the headunit? you could possibly run a cable into the center console from the back?
Unfortunately not. This HU is a stop-gap until I free up the funds for something better but I was hoping I could make it last until after Christmas.

Yes! This is exactly what I'm looking for, although sadly they don't ship to this part of the world and I can't see anything similar on eBay.co.uk. Good find though.
Found it! Thank you very much for the inspiration to look a bit harder.

Gordon.
Its prolly one of those Japanese knockoff though the quality might be questionable...??

Make super good friends w/ someone here and get it shipped from them to you? Not a whole lot of cash and I'm sure that someones willing to help a guy out. Not everyone here's an absolute dirtbag (well, except for me, I'm broke as can be right now)

Make super good friends w/ someone here and get it shipped from them to you? Not a whole lot of cash and I'm sure that someones willing to help a guy out. Not everyone here's an absolute dirtbag (well, except for me, I'm broke as can be right now)
Thanks friend. I found it though, check post No. 7. It ships from Hong Kong though so it'll be while but for £3 and postage-free, that's good enough for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.