Anyone done a mini before?

war6763
10+ year member

Hey all, i'm upgrading from a Focus ZX5 to a Mini Cooper S and I was wondering what you all would recommend for amps.

I'm looking for sound clarity and volume, but not for competition. I was running an American Bass 4 x 150 amp along with a bazooka 700.1 for my sub in my focus, so i'm looking to upgrade.

Any ideas? I would need the amps to be quite small so as to hide them inside the tiny bar. Also, i'm going to do a 12" stealth install, but can't decide on a sub. Any recommendations? Remember, sould quality not loudness!!

Any info you have/know/want to express would be great!!

I havent been a huge fan of them for the last couple years, but the current punch amps from Rockford are nice for a small package. I have been using them in a bunch of stealth installs this year and cant say enough about them. They have exceeded expectations every time I used them

Yeah, i've been reading up on them and i've found a bunch of positive reviews... Any personal recommendations? I'm looking for about 75W per channel so that I can drive my fronts decently. I'm thinking of using some Focals, but theyre a bit pricy. I'm looking for suggestions on everything lol. The whole sound system is going to get redone.

Alright guys, well i've seen a couple ideas on where to put stuff so let me show ya.

This is one of the cubby holes where I can hide an amp:

subampmediumjs0.jpg

hitolowconvertermediumyw5.jpg

That's the stock mini amp... my car wont have that.

This is the sub install i'm considering:

wideanglemediumqj7.jpg

subandcovermediumbu8.jpg

Right now its just a matter of choosing brands, then I can go into specifics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif What do you all recommend for clear sound? JL?

That's what I get for being lazy :p enjoy!! (sorry scooby)

we have a black 2003 mini cooper s that we are using 2 10" subs 4 6"splits and two steg amps in.

A 105x4 for the splits and a 220x2 for the subs,

Clarity is exceptional and the loud (bump) isn't bad its not compitition worthy, but it still can be heard from afar. email me if you want info onthe steg gear!?.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Right now its just a matter of choosing brands, then I can go into specifics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif What do you all recommend for clear sound? JL?

I wouldnt recommend the recent Punch amps from RF, they were tested in a recent magazine and found to have a designed in uneven frequency response to "punch up" the sound.

They had a severe dip in the mids if I remember correctly.

If it was me, for clear sound I would look at the JL's, Helix (similar prices to JL on ebay), Arc Audio, Zapco, or the new PDX amps from Alpine.

Sweet! Sounds good!! I'll look into those brands and see what I come up with pricewise. I don't want to break the bank... but I want it to sound pretty decent.

I won't be installing an aftermarket HU... sadly. The stereo's tied in to the car's computer way too much to be pulled out, so I'm thinking of getting a high to low level converter. How do you all feel about those signal processors? worth it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.