Anybody notice Pioneer HU's LPF slope cant be turned off

suleman36
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
I noticed that the LPF on the Pioneer HU's cannot be set to pass or off. This whould mean that the lpf on the HU cannot be turned off to allow us to use the amps lpf crossover. I know that you are only suppose to use one crossover per line.

My amps crossovers on the sub channel is preset to 24db octave and i have my HU crossover options only from -18db, -12db or -6db.

Right now my 780 is set to 18db @ 80hz and my amp is set at 24db @ 80hz and im really worried that this is not setup right altough it sounds ok for now.

Any experts on this ?

Are you using both your front and rear preouts? You could get around the LPF on the HU by not using the sub preout.

That is if you arn't using both the front + rears.

Are you using both your front and rear preouts? You could get around the LPF on the HU by not using the sub preout.
That is if you arn't using both the front + rears.
thats interesting, never thought of that.

i have the same problem and the same HU. i would rather use the x-over on my JL 500/1 bc its 24 dB/octave (vs. 18) but since i cant turn the LPF to pass thru on the HU, i have both set at 80.

i like having sub control so i wouldnt use the rear output, even though it is unused, but should i turn the x-over on the JL 500/1 to pass thru?

i have the same problem and the same HU. i would rather use the x-over on my JL 500/1 bc its 24 dB/octave (vs. 18) but since i cant turn the LPF to pass thru on the HU, i have both set at 80.
i like having sub control so i wouldnt use the rear output, even though it is unused, but should i turn the x-over on the JL 500/1 to pass thru?

SET YOUR PRE-OUTS TO FULL. IF ITS A OLDER UNIT SET IT TO EXTERNAL !!!

**** noobs... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

it even tells you in the manual how to set it. guess noobs cant read either...

new-1-1.jpg

corel.jpg

Your pioneer model your using may have this feature but the ones we are talking about does not. Most of us have the 2005 and up models.

**** noobs... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

it even tells you in the manual how to set it. guess noobs cant read either...
i dont know if this is true or not, but who cares, this guy's a f*ckin tool.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.