anybody know soundstream well?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kandykiller
10+ year member

tomorrow fedex will be delivering me a soundstream tarantula trx 2000d ive never run anything soundstream before i know this amp is not big enough for my l7 15's but its just temporary although i will be competing in a sound off at the spring bling car show in panama city on the 13th of march. my question is "is this a desent amp? and should i sell it and buy some other amp before i go?" (power wise i have a yellow top and a 20 farrad capicitor but i have been too lazy to do the big3) please help

soundstream's are notorious for having weak power supplies...good sound quality though..I don't care which version of a soundstream u have..on subs it's a time bomb ticking...the Tarantula series weren't the best to start with...I fixed a Van gogh VGA600.2 and I found out looking at the service manual that it was a design borrowed from Power Acoustic?...Yea I was pretty surprised too! It even says so on the bottom of the schematic....And to make matters even more strange...it has a power supply that is better than any soundstream I have ever seen before? anyway I love the SQ of soundstreams but if your going to compete...get that thing out of your car!

I own two TRX1000D's and I run two T5-12's. I compete and I have NO issues. As for running what you have... "L7's" No problem. In my class. I got first and the last show I attended. I have been running these things for over a year now and I do slam all of my eq daily. I run two bats and and a stock charging system. Perhaps some people just got bad luck with good equipment. As for Power Acustik... Soundstream bought them out, so I heard, when I recieved my recones for my t5's a while back they came in a soundstream box with Power acustik packing tape on the box. I reconed them because thay had seen 4 competitions and I thought it was time to recone them.

I have not heard anyone more cleaner than mine so far. Keep that amp. you only have one. Order another and you will have way more than enought for those L7's. Just one amp should get you some good numbers. What are the spec on the box. Is it custom or prefab? volume and tuning?

prefab sealed 2.5 cu.ft. ea. i like the way it sounds but i have dual 4 ohm subs if i buy another trx 2000d and strap them i cant get the 2 ohm load i need but thats a great idea though. i see you like soundstream equip. im kinda wanting an amp that i have to fuse myself. my trx2000d has 5 30amp fuses but i want something that requires a 200amp or 300amp external fuse. when i compete saturday i will post my numbers and thanks for you comment subzero

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.