Anybody know a decent, space saving 15 inch subwoofer?

I'm in a Mustang currently running one 15 inch Kicker Solo Classic(for space saving reasons) because those things are designed to be in sub 1.5Cubic ft boxes.

I'm trying to find a stronger 15 that won't eat my trunk space alive. I don't mind going sealed. Would perfer a sub over 1000RMS and under 1500RMS (My current sub runs 750RMS).

Anywhere between 150 to 400 bucks, maybe higher depending on how ludicrous the woofer is.

Thanks.

I like the low end extension and car flex capabilities of a 15.

Yeah, i know i could get a Sundown Z 10 and easily get way louder. But i'm really hoping for an extremely loud, extremely enclosure efficient 15.

Dude, something like that, yeah!
I'm having a hell of a time finding those woofers though. Please don't tell me they're old unicorns now.
I linked you to that pair because they are for sale, lol. Shoot him a PM.

Does that 8 have the flex and low end extension of a 15?
If you think size has a difference on how low a sub hits, you are sadly misinformed. Bet you a 10 in a proper box will slam the lows way better than your 15 can ever dream of. The enclosure determines how low the sub hits not the size. Size only determines overall output due to cone area, however that benefit doesnt apply when you starve the sub of airspace. You are going about this all wrong man.

Here's a 10 hitting extremely low. enough to do a modest hair trick. Your 15 sealed in a 1.5 wont even get close to that no matter how beefy or efficient it claims to be. Its the install that gets you loud and low. You cant hope to get any real results cramming a in a sealed box thats meant for a single 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
A 15 in 1.5 cubes sounds horrific.
Bro, it doesn't work that way. You can't make a blanket statement that dictates every 15" performs the same in x amount of airspace. That myth is as horrible as the one stating that small drivers can't reproduce low frequencies or that big drivers aren't fast. The drivers I linked him to will absolutely get down into the teens with complete authority in sealed enclosures as small as 1 cube, they were designed specifically for that. Yes, you will need EQ and power to make it work. The 12" version does the same thing but in less than a cube. It's documented flat from 9Hz on up to 120Hz in car. But you guys get hung up on this "do it bang" BS. I'm not saying these same drivers won't be louder in vented enclosures; that's a no-brainer. But sometimes people want the tiniest enclosure possible and work from there. I believe that's what the OP stated but he's not ready for a deal like that (WTF?) and will probably buy something that he will regret.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.