Anybody have any input on DD HU's??

kendogg
10+ year member

BMW expert
My Volvo has a DoubleDIN opening, and since I've never had a DD HU before, I thoguht, why not take the opportunity to fill that space??

Do NOT want a dvd screen. Just a regular, albeit large, head unit. I've found a few nice ones, linked below, that seem pretty nice. Doesn't need to be super fancy, but USB input is most definitely a plus.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/In-Dash_CD_n_DVD_Receivers/Double_DIN_Receiver/DPX503

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/FH-P8000BT

Get screen w/ nav... the other ones look like poop. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you don't want the navi, don't get one. Otherwise it doesn't look that good. I'm sure your factury HU looks fine compared to the two you selected. I'm not a big fan of either.

Don't want any kind of touchscreen/nav unit. More prone to theft, and I'm not paying for a bunch of crap I don't want.
actually, some with touchscreen/nav unit have a detachable pannel to avoid theft.

BTW, i vote for kenwood, great quality and pretty cool in looking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.