Anybody ever build a Subsonic (highpass) filter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheOtherSide
10+ year member

Atlanta
I need one for my amp...I am going to be porting my driver here soon and noticed my amp doesn't have an onboard subsonic filter. I was going to design/build a passive filter to accomplish this same feat though. Just looking to see if anyone's done it and how easy the parts are to come by (PartsExpress has em just want to see if I can get them local).

Probably build a 12 dB highpass 20Hz inline RCA filter to use before the signal reaches the amp.

You can't create a passive filter without knowing the impedance of the load, which in this case would be the amplifier. Do you know the input impedance of the amp? If so, you just need a capacitor and a coil to make a 2nd order HPF.

Capacitor value (in farads) = 1 / (2 * pi * freq * impedance)

Inductor value (in henries) = impedance / (2 * pi * freq)

Put capacitor in series, coil in parallel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.