any thread talking about...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Lol thats an awesome troll that I didn't intend to do. Yes there are a few different ones. Unfortunately my phone won't link it. Just keeps copying your thread. Since my phone is being awkward. Google amplifier lpf hpf setting. Video's and tutorials should pop up

Yeah! Done that already but nothing really specific, was wandering if I have a set of components in the front, coaxial in the back and a sub at what frequency whould be a good start?

Do you just go by ears?

Lol thats an awesome troll that I didn't intend to do. Yes there are a few different ones. Unfortunately my phone won't link it. Just keeps copying your thread. Since my phone is being awkward. Google amplifier lpf hpf setting. Video's and tutorials should pop up
lol

OP: What are you setting filters for? Subs, mids, or tweeters?

Yeah! Done that already but nothing really specific, was wandering if I have a set of components in the front, coaxial in the back and a sub at what frequency whould be a good start?
Do you just go by ears?
LPF 80hz on sub amp, hpf 80hz on speakers. then play around from there.

google up how to set gains with digital multi-meter.

just above your comment
Sorry, my response must have posted right after yours.

Low pass for subs is usually set somewhere around 80 hz. High pass for the components would also be somewhere around there. It gets more complicated when you go active.

Enclosures, and the type of driver changes things too. There aren't any concrete numbers that are perfect for every system. Start in a safe place and adjust until things sound the best.

Thanks guys for the answers, I will set my gains with a dmm, this I know how to do it. But I just wanted to make sure that even though the lpf and hpf are set a bit wrong that it won't damage the speakers. Will it?

and also what about the band pass, if im not mistaken, its a range of frequencies where you want the speakers to play within. But why do I only have one dial to set.

This is the amp I have. http://soundstream.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/_/2_70.jpg

Thanks guys for the answers, I will set my gains with a dmm, this I know how to do it. But I just wanted to make sure that even though the lpf and hpf are set a bit wrong that it won't damage the speakers. Will it?
and also what about the band pass, if im not mistaken, its a range of frequencies where you want the speakers to play within. But why do I only have one dial to set.

This is the amp I have. http://soundstream.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/_/2_70.jpg
If you have components and coaxials, don't bandpass. Just high-pass at 80 hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.