Any thoughts on ARC components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SonnyD
10+ year member

Gone
I just ordered an ARC 2150SE that I'm going to pick up next week. The dealer also sells the full line of ARC products. I havn't read much on here about their components, so I was curious. I don't know if they have any of their speakers there for a demo or not, so I'm not sure I can audition any. I have pretty much made up my mind on Rainbow 265 Pro-Fi Kicks. I wasn't anticipating the ARC's to be in that league, but if anyone knows, what would their best models be close too.....Thanks in advance

Regards Sonny

i was going to buy the arc components, but they werent in stock at the time so i got the alumapros. from what manny told me, they're a bit better than the rainbow slc's. doubt they'd be as good as the pro-fi kickbasses, but i'm sure they're nice. i love my alumapros.

depends which your referencing...ACS265s were a great set and up to par with many of the Rainbow especially with them utilizing the infamous CAL25 tweets. Unfortunately they have been discontinued some time ago and have not/will not be returning. The KAR265s are a decent set of entry levels, nothing more -nothing less.

The SE 600s really never got off the ground yet and the FD6000s are alon the same lines of the KARs.

Thanks everyone....I was looking at the FD line on their website since they appeared to be their topline. I guess I'll just keep leaning towards the Pro-Fi Kicks......Thanks again.

Regards Sonny

Thanks everyone....I was looking at the FD line on their website since they appeared to be their topline. I guess I'll just keep leaning towards the Pro-Fi Kicks......Thanks again.Regards Sonny

Actually their flagship would be the SE600s. Although in my opinion both pale in comparison to Profis.

Actually their flagship would be the SE600s. Although in my opinion both pale in comparison to Profis.

Oh, Ok, Thanks, I didn't read though all their specs....and they didn't show prices so I was just guessing. I did check out the site for the Alumapros ALC's. They seem to be reasonably priced, are they fairly strong in the mid area?

Regards Sonny

Yeah, the only way I had a guestimate on the Alumapros was a saw a site that listed the 6.2's for I think 270.00

Regards Sonny

awesome in the mid area. phenryiv1 has heard my stereo after i took out the subs, so it was just the components he heard. played hotel california and money for nothing for him. shoot him a pm and ask him what he thought about the ALC's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

meant to ask about the se600's, what are those all about? along the same lines as the alc's i'm guessing?

and 270? i paid like 380! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.