Any recommendations on some bass handling 6X9 speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MaxRs

Hello I am New to the forum I drive a 2010 camaro Looking to see what good 6x9 speakers you all recommend that will handle some good bass currently looking to replace mine so wan't to see what is good I will be changing the amp and 6.5" speakers as well in the nea future but just wan't to change them out for now and leave the stock amp at the moment I am running 1 yellow optima battery 0 gauge wiring for subs an ssl 3000 Watt amp and 2 12" kicker L7's in a custom ported box and an audio control epicenter if that helps in choosing a good 6x9 speaker set up.

What I would do is get a 6x9 to 6.5 adapter bracket so you can use a 6.5 inch speaker in the 6x9 location.

There are way more/better options for 6.5s than 6x9s.

This way you'd also be able to match your other 6.5s when you replace them.

If you're set on using 6x9s, Sundown Audio just released some 6x9 coaxials that looks pretty nice.

I think they go for 180 for the pair? Not 100% sure.

Rockford has a T1 series 6x9 that I put in for a buddy about a year ago. Sounded a lot better than I thought. Would recommend those too.

Hello I am New to the forum I drive a 2010 camaro Looking to see what good 6x9 speakers you all recommend that will handle some good bass currently looking to replace mine so wan't to see what is good I will be changing the amp and 6.5" speakers as well in the nea future but just wan't to change them out for now and leave the stock amp at the moment I am running 1 yellow optima battery 0 gauge wiring for subs an ssl 3000 Watt amp and 2 12" kicker L7's in a custom ported box and an audio control epicenter if that helps in choosing a good 6x9 speaker set up.
Sorry to bust your bubble but No other speaker on the market will have anywhere close to the amount of bass stock speakers have. They are designed differently. Its also useless to try to get speakers that can play bass when you already have subwoofers.

If you are talking about midbass which is a different region than normal bass then that would be install and tune dependent. Midbass is the thuds and kickdrums. Thats only achieved by turning your door into a proper speaker enclosure and putting a lot of power onto the speaker that a stock amp cannot possibly hope to achieve.

You need to really evaluate how to actually properly design a system because that stock amp will fk up the rest of your whole setup unless you get something to Bypass it. Meaning your mids and highs will never sound better than below mediocre and your bass will never reach full 100% potential and thats all done because of the built in factory EQ curve of the amp and agressive high pass filters which will seriously limit a clean bass signal hence why you have to use an epicenter. Thats a super dirty signal which will eventually kill those L7s along with that SSL amp which is 500-750 actual watts total at best.

this video explains what i'm trying to say along with decent solution you might seriously need to look into if you plan on adding audio upgrades and actually want your stuff to sound amazing. Not just good but AMAZING.

Thank you all for the info i'm new to all of this currently my Camaro comes equipped with a crappy BA "Audio system" SO what would you all recommend for me to do to make it sound better with the current setup that I have on my subs I listen to a lot of music with bass and also use my epicenter a lot I need to replace both my 6.5" front door speakers and 6x9 rear speakers will be adding an amp to push the

voice speakers. Again thanks for all the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.