Any experience with Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75 components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

turtlestrap

Oregon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015NRQ5S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p422_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0CAN9ESK1Z4FA69D8BWY&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

I have a 1998 Camry with 6.5" front door speakers. How difficult would it be to install these 6.75s in there? I really want to grab them because its such a good deal and nothing even comes close at that price from what i've heard, but I don't want to not be able to install them.

Here's an unboxing video where the guy says its pretty much 6.5" and that if you measured from the tip to tip of the mounting holes on the speakers its 6.75" but it should fit in 6.5?

Heres the video:

Please let me know if they should fit or how I could get them to fit? Thanks!!

I resized a ruler to match one of the dimensions on there and then moved it to where the mounting holes are. This look correct? If so, then the mounting spots are actually only ~6 1/4" from each other.

pUJH2gt.jpg

Amazon.com : Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75-Inch D-Series 260-Watt Speaker Package : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics
I have a 1998 Camry with 6.5" front door speakers. How difficult would it be to install these 6.75s in there? I really want to grab them because its such a good deal and nothing even comes close at that price from what i've heard, but I don't want to not be able to install them.

Here's an unboxing video where the guy says its pretty much 6.5" and that if you measured from the tip to tip of the mounting holes on the speakers its 6.75" but it should fit in 6.5?

Heres the video:

So that's not a deal, they're $100 or less on Amazon everyday. Today someone has them for even less:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-D1720C-6-75-Inch-D-Series-260-Watt/dp/B0015NRQ5S

It's almost an unbeatable speaker at that price. Very beefy, nice tweeters. Amazon says it doesn't fit your car, but doesn't mean you can't get it to fit with some adapters. I know they didn't fit into a 2007 mustang, but even though it was a challenge, with adapters, got them to fit. Best thing to do is call a local shop and ask them.

Oh, there's sellers on there for selling for $70 shipped, I dunno whats wrong with the link but thats what I was referring to.

Yeah I'm gonna order them and make do. Might just made a speaker adapter from MDF if it comes to it.

Oh, there's sellers on there for selling for $70 shipped, I dunno whats wrong with the link but thats what I was referring to.
Yeah I'm gonna order them and make do. Might just made a speaker adapter from MDF if it comes to it.
Probably won't fit without an adapter, those things are not little. Kick panels an option?

Probably won't fit without an adapter, those things are not little. Kick panels an option?
No, I don't wanna go that far, gonna get a new car when I graduate. From the manual dimensions and what I mocked up, it looks like it should fit. I'll do some more research. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.