Any experience with Rainbow IL 6.2 speakers? (specifically in an E46?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

negev

I've got an Alpine head unit and a JL Audio 360.4 amp powering the speakers, which are Focal AS 130 components in the front and Focal Co-axials in the rear (PC130s if memory serves).

I'm not very keen on the Focal speakers as I find them a bit too bright and harsh. Putting the amp in has definitely helped but they're still a bit too bright, anyway I ordered a set of Rainbow IL 6.2 speakers that are custom fit specifically for my car (BMW E46 saloon).

They get great reviews but someone said to me today that he finds Rainbow speakers similar to Focals in that they're overly bright and trebly. Is this the case? It certainly wasn't what I read about the Rainbows, I really hope I'm not about to replace one set of overly bright speakers with another :S

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.