Any experience with AP-18001D

Participant count
  • Participant list

dakotamc81

Lima, OH
I picked this up today in hopes of using it to get me started with my system. I know there are better amps for the money (blah blah blah) But I'm a recent college graduate making $10 hr changing oil on Kia's at the moment, so blowing a lot of money on a better amp is out of the question. Besides I'm literally $15 into this amp, so what's there to lose?

I want to know if any of you have any true experience with this amp? How was it wired, did it go into protect mode, overheat, etc... I plan on using it to run my 10" Memphis MojoD4

Its a decent amp,but its current hungry, and not very efficient. Back it up with a secondary battery and solid wiring, and it should be fine. Especially at 2 ohm

This amp is rated for 750RMS @ 4ohm, which is my subs rated RMS. Do you think @ 4ohm a second battery or capacitor would be needed?

As for the pictures, I have them on photobucket, but when I'm unsure of which link to copy (image or direct) and once on the forum do I just paste the link or select the icon above the reply box to paste the link into?

you will only be able to wire a dvc 4ohm subwoofer to 2ohm or 8ohm. Don't use capacitors they are worthless, (unless you are talking about a bank of maxwells or something) should be fine at 2ohm with solid wiring and gains set properly, just watch your voltage drop, and dont bump with the car off or full tilt while idling.

Do I need to watch my voltage drop between the battery and the amp or the battery and the sub? And I have a lot of 4ga wire readily available, should this suffice with solid connections and good grounds?

So when you say at the amp I assume you mean across the amp correct? Because if at low voltage like 11.6 for example, you could experience erratic output? Or would you experience Clipping at this point?

They had a pretty good run when they were current as a decent budget mono amp, but not accurately rated. Figure on 1200-1300 at 1 ohm,

In installed the 1000d for a relative. One died in about a month, but the replacement worked well for ~1yr before replacing the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.