Any experience installing in Porsches?

knee-slapper

Texas
Has anyone had experience installing systems in Porsches? Specifically older ones (i.e. 1980s 911s) Is there a best way to put a subwoofer in its extremely limited trunk? Would you need to do a wheel well install? I'm concerned about the electrical system which I'm sure isn't quite up to date, the Targa top, and the possibilty of shaking the freaking thing apart (targa, windows, body panels). This thing is driven hard to say the least. It's driven like a track car on the street, and also doubles as a real track car. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this?

How would a front sub bring the stage to the rear? Also, where would you put the amps? I'm almost completely sure that if there's a sub in the trunk, an amp will not fit.

i meant with the sub in the front, you wont have any problem with it bringing it to the rear because it wont and you dont want it to, so thats good

if you fiber glass a small enclosure in the front you should still have room for an amp

i meant with the sub in the front, you wont have any problem with it bringing it to the rear because it wont and you dont want it to, so thats good
if you fiber glass a small enclosure in the front you should still have room for an amp
Thats another problem, I was thinking about going with a Digital Designs 3512 or 9512 which are supposed to love ported enclosures. I would probably have that hooked up to a Cadence Z5000 amp (750 watts @ 2ohm), hopefully the stock alternator wouldn't completely die on me.

I installed a single 10 in my dads 993 911. That was what he wanted because of the weight issues. I was able to make it so we could keep the spare tired as well. Just had to remove the box if need be. I always used to use his car to test equipment because the battery and everythign was so easy to get to, so wiring was not a problem. If you do a single 10 or 2 8's or whatever, you shouldn't really have to worry about rattling or shaking anything with like 300 watts or so.

DD is supposed to be a hardcore SPL sub. A guy I know has a 3515 and I'm telling you, it hurt my gut to be in the car next to him when he had his system turned up. What would be the best way to "anti-rattle" the car? Would I just need enough to cover the trunk or would I have to do the doors? Right now it just has a HU and some Eclipse coaxials and when the HU is at around 26, the mirrors start rattling.

What one installer did over here was to utilise the footwell of the passenger by making a sealed enclosure for a phase linear flat subwoofer. It was very very impressive.

hey Knee Slapper. go grab the latest Car Audio Mag, it has a Porsche install featured in it by Rick Jones. I sat and played with the system was great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Reuss has a system made for the 911. Also a much cheaper route is Rod Birch builds a box for 2 10s behind the front seats and you can still use the rear seats, he runs an ad in Excellence magazine or you might be able to search for his info on rennlist.com. But if this is a track car do you really want to add the weight?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.