Any builders in the central Florida area?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
So I started building the test enclosure to make sure everything fits in the car before I waste a bunch of good quality ply. I found out a few things:

1. Cutting miters with a hand saw is rather difficult.

2. Accurately cutting any angle other than 45 degrees is NOT my strong point.

3. Being 1/8th inch accurate is not good enough for complex angles.

So, I'm looking for a builder close to me that can take my cad drawing and cut the panels for me to assemble in the car. I'm going to call a few cabinet shops nearby tomorrow, but it feels kinda weird to ask a cabinet-maker to make a box that's getting painted black.

Matt

For the cost of the cabinet maker to build a box, You may be able to purchase a table saw and do the cuts yourself.

I don't know your living situation and you may not have the work area or storage etc. But just an idea..

For the cost of the cabinet maker to build a box, You may be able to purchase a table saw and do the cuts yourself.

I don't know your living situation and you may not have the work area or storage etc. But just an idea..

I don't have the space. I need the panels cut, it's just too difficult to get a completely accurate odd angle cut with a small hand saw.

But hey, the only 2 cabinet shops that said they could do it have maple ply as their standard.

Matt

Bro I literally just moved out of Orange City like 2 weeks ago.

See if he’ll do it.

You are backlogged man and you haven't been doing well! Hell, if you are able I'd love for you to check the numbers on my enclosure and whatnot. Where did you move too?

I'll call your guy and see if he is available.

Matt

You are backlogged man and you haven't been doing well! Hell, if you are able I'd love for you to check the numbers on my enclosure and whatnot. Where did you move too?

I'll call your guy and see if he is available.

Matt

Just to cut the wood has nothing to do with me, so you could just give him your plans.

I’m back on the gulf side.

Just to cut the wood has nothing to do with me, so you could just give him your plans.

I’m back on the gulf side.

I know that, it's not dimensions that need checked, it's volume, tuning, etc.

Damn, I knew your guy was down here but I didn't know you were literally a few miles from me.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...