Northeast Region Any audio shops in Plattsburgh NY????

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
I know there is 1 or 2 up there....I cant remember exactly where. I pass through there to make deliveries from time to time and i know ive seen some.

exactly what he said above. But truthfuly i would stay away from tuners (overpriced and lack of customer service), alpha is pretty decent (geared towards JL Audio), Image is also pretty decent (geared towards MMATS), and big apple has good prices but dont really treat you like a person (geared towards directed, viper, pioneer, ect, a much better choice selection and best prices).

I dont know if any of you guys saw the post, but me and a friend are having a DB drag show in saratoga NY. Its directly off the northway (route 87) at exit 15, about 1hr 45min south of plattsburgh on may 20th!

Big Apple in Watertown is ok but they are not the most personable. Big on JL Audio.

Their sister store, Happy Ear, on Coffeen street is better in my opinion. More personable. They carry a lot of Memphis gear and MTX.

Neither store has a very good speaker wall. They have inexpensive gear on display but no higher end gear. Happy Ear has some Zapco gear but I did not pay close attention to what they had expect a pair of component speakers.

I would like to go down to saratoga but my car will not be ready in time. It is getting ready to have a performance tranny put in. If i finish it in time, then i will send you a message.

I know it's an old thread but....

Update on Plattsburgh, NY and Car Audio.

Yipes Stripes does aftermarket car audio stuff. They price match and can get down & dirty on pricing. They installed my car starter and did a pretty decent job. Every time I break the key fob they alays replace it for free.

Best Buy now does Car audio installs at the Champlain Center Mall (new mall). Seem to have a lot of product but I've heard nothing of their install quality or lack there of.

Alpha Stereo and Image Audio have merged together and discontinued MMATS. These are my two favorite places in Plattsburgh. They both have excellent reputations and are true professionals with anything audio related. Lance is my go-to-guy there. He was the owner of Image Audio. Alpha installed my first three audio systems. I still have the free t-shirt they gave me from 15 years ago. Doesn't fit anymore but it's great for waxing my truck!

Tuners has sold their property to Wallgreens and is going to be moving to the Tom Miller Rd in Plattsburgh. They probably won't be up and running again for awhile. Also, their prices are insulting. Never been very satisfied with their customer service. They have been sending their audio customer to Lance at Image Audio (Now Alpha Stereo).

Big Apple is in it's same location although I personally don't think they have much of a skilled staff for doing much in the way of car audio. I've had some work done on my truck there. Specifically the performance exhaust and their finished job looked like a first year welding class out of high school. They don't seem to understand that you need to keep the req airspace or close to it for sub enclosures.

i think andy from image was a complete douche,pretty sure he doesnt work there anymore though

i think andy from image was a complete douche,pretty sure he doesnt work there anymore though
lol wait till tyler reads this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh: Honestly there is a great shop in potsdam, NY

Northern Music and Video //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif very great guys and respectful owner and retired competitor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If I remember correctly, there used to be some old guy that owned the place that was a complete a$$hole. Pissed a ton of people I know off. Used to drive around in a black van. That was a long time ago. Wonder if it's the same dude?

I never did business there until Nov of 2007. Had always gone to Alpha but since Dave Kelley has been "gone" I've not gotten any good deals or talked to anyone that was as helpful.

dont forget car audio pros in watertown located at the old pizza hut.

Avid competitors and supportors of tnespl. But those would be my 2 choices if I was going to pay someone.

egg

If I remember correctly, there used to be some old guy that owned the place that was a complete a$$hole. Pissed a ton of people I know off. Used to drive around in a black van. That was a long time ago. Wonder if it's the same dude?
I never did business there until Nov of 2007. Had always gone to Alpha but since Dave Kelley has been "gone" I've not gotten any good deals or talked to anyone that was as helpful.
pretty sure thats the guy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.