Any Alpine Reps here? 9830 is discontinued.

OdieTRP
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Crutchfield has the 9830 on sale for $279.95 and that price will go until they run out. I asked the Crutchfield Rep why that one is on sale while none of the other ones are and she said it's because the 9830 is discontinued. She also said the new line will be out in Jan-Feb. Is it worth waiting for the replacement unit? What new features and improvements will it have?

****... Hopefully they won't run out because I'm looking at getting one of those from there really soon. Gonna try and put in an order within the next 2 weeks

It's not that I'm looking for the new technology. It's just that I like that price and it suits all my current needs. I really am set on getting that particular head unit.

Jmac said it. I've checked ebay prices, and other non authorized dealers. But at the price crutchfield is offering it for, it really cannot be beat. Free shipping, factory warranty, and all the hardware needed. I'd have to get all the other hardware regardless, and I'd probably paying more elsewhere, and have to make up the difference with shipping.

I bought two sets of Alpine Type X comps from them about a month ago for $150/pr. The customer service was phenomenal and I won't hesitate to do it again.

I did say that and that is exactly what I was told! I just called them to see what was up; the rep who I talked to (Rhonda) was not in. I just got her voice mail. So I called back and talked to another one. Apparantly it was a Thanksgiving sale and it's at regular price now. I complained a bit and they gave it to me for the $279.99 price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif Sorry for the misinfo, I was just passing it along. I was going to wait until I was sure there was nothing else I needed, but I had to order it tonight. The funny thing is, there was never an ending date for the sale on the website.

I'm the wrong one to ask for that; I would suggest calling Crutchfield, explain your situation, and see what they say. One thing I can do is give you a refer-a-friend coupon where you will save $20.00 regardless of the price. At least it's something. PM me if interested.

well, I have to pay a bill or 2 first, but I should definitely have the money next week. I'll try and explain my situation. But if not, then that refer-a-friend coupon would be excellent.

What you need to do is call Crutchfield. They will have it advertized for $329 but once you call them, they will quote you the lower price.

I got my 9830 from Crutchfield & I am loving it. I just fell in love with all the features the HU comes with. You can control your sub from the HU so u don't have mess with a sub controller. You get 2 filters, one for lowpass & another for highpass. MX ---> 3 settings. It comes with a parametric 4 band equalizer as well which is nice. Has equalizer settings for different types of music as well.

You can program the different settings to each station if you want as well.

If you're interested, I can also provide you with a $20.00 discount coupon code they gave me. Drop me a message.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.