another voltage issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

wnysorvr

hows it going everyone i tried searching the site but couldn't find anything that fit my problem exactly so here it goes

so the system worked fine took the truck off the road for a few months and now the problem im having is a major voltage drop at the battery im around 14 volts back at the amps its down to 8 volts and the amps wont turn on if i disconnect the amps and check with a volt meter between the power and ground cables its back up to high 13s hook the amp up and it drops again i took 1 amp out and hooked it directly to the battery and it turned on fine but in the back nothing it dosent matter if i have either amp hooked up or both i still get the drop but disconnected voltage is fine i also disconnected the splitter and hooked the main power wire directly to 1 amp still had the voltage drop not sure what this would be thought maybe a ground issue but its only when the amp is hooked in and both amps are grounded separately in different spots

no the voltage at the battery is the same i am only getting a drop at the amp and the amp isn't coming on i also have the rcas disconnected and the speaker wires only thing that is hooked up is the power ground and remote wire and when i disconnect the amp the voltage jumps to 14 hook it in and it drops to 7-8 at the amp at the fuse by the battery it stays the same 14 volts both sides of the fuse if the amp is hooked up or not im thinking of just running 0 guage for both power and ground and going directly to the battery for both but this is just bugging me because ive never had an issue over the past 2 years or so until now

double check continuity from amp grounds to neg term at the bat. Make sure all grounds under the hood are still good. Is there a difference in voltage at the amp when grounding your meter at different locations. Try take a reading with amps connected with the meter grounded at the bat.

you said its been sitting awhile... the battery could have gone bad. either try a different battery, or try hooking the amp up to a friends vehicle.

also, since you said it has been sitting. check every one of your connections. if it sat for awhile there could be some corrosion where your connections are

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.