Another sealed or ported thread

ace5high
10+ year member

Wow everyone here seems to be really leaning on the side of ported enclosures? I like spl too but not at the expence of sounding "muddy"

My question is, I want an SQL box for my new Brahma 12" mk Iv. I was thinking about going sealed, but does ne one know if it would have good SQ in the right kind of ported box?

if so what kind?

Oh, BTW I listen to mostly Hard Rock, country, some techno. thought I mention No RAP since last time I took somones sugestion was for a Super big low end enclosure, which proved absolutly useless for my kind of music

Anyone have expirence with the new Brahmas?

I wish Adire had a recomended volume for there new subs ...
Recommended volume ranges are listed on the bottom of each driver page; we don't give just one volume, but a recommended range and - if ported - recommended tuning range. But since no two applications are the same, we don't give a single box.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audioˊ

didnt i read somewhere that the Brahma lll's got scrapped, or something like that

are the 4s for sale yet, or when

didnt i read somewhere that the Brahma lll's got scrapped, or something like that
Fours are for sale, cause I just bought some. Im hoping they sound somthing like the MK ll's which ive always heard good things about. Ill be sure to let yall know how they sound

Fours are for sale, cause I just bought some. Im hoping they sound somthing like the MK ll's which ive always heard good things about. Ill be sure to let yall know how they sound
where did you get them, does Adire sell direct

Nope, we actually sold a lot of them over several months, but have continued on to the Mark IVs, with some more motor improvements. Of the Mk IIIs we've sold, I believe we've had one come back that was a valid warranty. About 7 with shipping damage, and around that many with charcoal for voice coils, but other than that, they've been rock solid... Well below 1% for valid warranty claims...

Yep, from most of our dealers.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio®

Nope, we actually sold a lot of them over several months, but have continued on to the Mark IVs, with some more motor improvements. Of the Mk IIIs we've sold, I believe we've had one come back that was a valid warranty. About 7 with shipping damage, and around that many with charcoal for voice coils, but other than that, they've been rock solid... Well below 1% for valid warranty claims...

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio®
I'm sorry your company seems to be gettings such an unfair rep these days for bad quality control. Not even 100% sure how it started but it's quite unfortunate. Just keep doing what you do best I guess, haters will get over it eventually.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio®

is there an option to get the Mark IV with a logo and thanks for clearing things up

I'm sorry your company seems to be gettings such an unfair rep these days for bad quality control. Not even 100% sure how it started but it's quite unfortunate. Just keep doing what you do best I guess, haters will get over it eventually.
Take a read of this: http://forum.carstereos.org/p-the-ben-kevin-low-hz-pennypushers-and-showridesnet-love-parade-post658220/postcount118

It essentially comes down to people not being honest, and rather than handling things in a straightforward and honest way, lying and trying to get lynch mobs going to cover their rear. And many on this board were extremely quick to join the mob... Some names that I thought were smarter than that. In this case, at least Ben has set the record straight; I have quite a bit of respect for a man willing to come and lay out his sins for the world to see.

But many on here have already crucified me and my company and our products on the veracity of earlier claims by Ben and Kevin; I wonder how many will be willing to reconsider their positions given this revelation? It's a lot easier to stay blind and keep their current myopic view on the world than to accept that perhaps there was a lot of lying going on, but it takes a bigger man to change. Being a hater is simple, to change would mean admitting they were misled, perhaps even liars themselves...

Anyway, I'd ask all that consider the spat over the last few months to just read that post and consider the source, and consider the source of where all the "terrible QC" came from. Put the two together, and I think anyone with any sense of integrity may reconsider our "terrible QC" issues...

And note that I have tried to be as forward, honest, and uncritical during this whole conflagration - I haven't called names, threatened butt-kickings, haven't called others idiots, simpletons, liars. You do business on the up-and-up and ultimately you will be rewarded.

My thanks to Ben and Low-Hz for setting the record straight.

Dan Wiggins

Adire Audio®

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.