another 4 channel question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Proskier
10+ year member

im running my fonts off an amp like everyone else. i was told to just run rcas from the front on my hu to the front on my amp. i am bridging the amp and when i looked at the speaker terminals on the amp it says bridged front and rear. when i bridge the amp it that wont matter will it? and will i have to control the settings on both sides?

thanks

Check your owner's manual on which rca inputs to use in a "bridged mode" configuration. Different mfgs use different systems for this. If you're worried about where to put the rcas you could always Y them so you would then have 2 reds and 2 whites if you know what I mean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You should bridge the left channels together, and the right channels together. That way you will get a stereo signal to your speakers.

if you bridge the left and right terminals together, you will get a mono signal, which sounds like crap for your front stage.

i was thinking i need to use Ys but when i asked flakko told me all i needed was one set for the fronts on the amp. but right now all there is as far as rcas go is front on my hu to front on amp. i want to know about bridging....on the amp, it has 2 sets of control since it is a 4 channel obviously. is each side separate? like am i going to have to guess to match one side with the other as far as xover points go?

Flakko is right you should only really need one pair of rcas but you need to check your owner's manual to find out which inputs you need to use when you're bridging it because it isn't necessarily the front ones in this case. The reason why I recommended Y connectors is so that you're covering both sides.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.