An i thought I had found my perfect amplifier....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dustin_Kimble

US
I have been a long time us amps fan but after this little bout with an ax2000 I'm beginning to loose brand interest. I'll post some pics on the specifics later, but the reason for me doing a disassembly of the chassis was to see if i could spot anything bad to the eye without diving head first into why the power output has been drastically reduced (i have some bad transistors). It had too little thermal grease on too many places where I'm sure wasn't efficiently wicking away the heat, on top of an ABSOLUTELY horribly designed heat rail. Pictures on that to come..... I'm hooking everything back up, properly applying thermal paste, and borrowing a thermal camera and will figure out which transistors aren't working, but I fully plan on making some design changes...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ebc139086f4e780b521e5de87e554800.jpg

Here's one side of its heat rail. It has a channel that looks like if I fill it in with a 2 part thermal epoxy it could make it more efficient... That little bit of metal that connects it with the outer sink is a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.