Amplifier Recommendation Please

Mr. Wiggles
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I recently sold my cheap $100 Profile California 1200Watt Amplifier for $250, so I'd like to get something significantly better to power my Dual 4 Ohm Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 subwoofers. They are RMS 600W a piece.

I'd really like to just spend the $250, but if there's really nothing better than a Rockford 1000 for them, let me know.

What are the impedance of the coils of your subs?

I need to learn how to sell $100 amps for $250, can you teach me?

Nevermind, I missed the impedance part too, need more coffee..

How do you prefer to run them? at 1 ohm I am assuming?

Hey guys,I recently sold my cheap $100 Profile California 1200Watt Amplifier for $250, so I'd like to get something significantly better to power my Dual 4 Ohm Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 subwoofers. They are RMS 600W a piece.

I'd really like to just spend the $250, but if there's really nothing better than a Rockford 1000 for them, let me know.
AQ 1200D, Sundown 1000D or 1500D. Pretty much any amp that is 1 ohm stable. I'm not sure if those subs can take more than the recommended RMS though.

I'm also in to know how you can sell a profile amp for $250. I can get one of those for like 80 and I would try to talk the guy down off of that.

Sealed enclosure. Can I wire the Dual 4 Ohm subs at 1 ohm? Whenever I try to pull up wiring diagrams on rockford's web site, the lowest they show is 2 ohms.
You wire each at 2 ohm then you wire those together to create a 1 ohm load

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

AQ 1200D, Sundown 1000D or 1500D. Pretty much any amp that is 1 ohm stable. I'm not sure if those subs can take more than the recommended RMS though.
I'm also in to know how you can sell a profile amp for $250. I can get one of those for like 80 and I would try to talk the guy down off of that.
I'm not seeing AQ1200D's on ebay... is there an online store you recommend?

LOL, ebay is the worst place to buy an amp....

Your subs won't take more than 1200 rms combined in a sealed box... be careful or you will be buying new subs.... However your impedance rise is gonna be high so you could probably get away with a 1500 watt amp on them at 1 ohm because the lowest impdeance the amp will ever see with your subs in a sealed box is closer to 2.0 ohms. I don't know of any good amps in that price range that will suit your needs. I would say a SAE-1000D refurb would do great, as they are around $249, but new they are $319. It should be enough power, like right on the money as I said because your subs are not going to handle much power in a sealed box, and the amp you use it likely only going to see a 2.0 ohm load at the lowest, right at tuning frequency.

Looks like to me that the AQ1200D is approx= to SAE-1000D. However the fact that the AQ1200D has dual power supplies might yield a little more power, especially at lower ohm loads, but probably not at 1-2 ohms like in your setup. so if you can get either one for your budget, I would say yes, those are good choices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.