amplifier question-READ

Participant count
  • Participant list

MarcBrev
10+ year member

CA
Recently I added a head unit(ALpine cda-7893) to my system and finally gained control of the Autotek Street Machine SXZ2150 amp from the head unit. After about a week of great sounding music, suddenly the amp has refused to turn on. When I start the car, the red safety light on the amp blinks once. That is the only thing the amp will do. Did I blow the fuse? Is it the amp? Is it the remote turn on isnt properly wired or what? Thanks for your response.

if the light is still coming up you probably still have power. I would make sure all the wires are connected properly and nothing is shorting out. Also check and see if you have a 12V connection at the amp with a voltemeter. Check all fuses for the hell of it and make sure your subs arent blown my using the multimeter to check their ohm loads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.