Amplifier Protect Mode Problem.

iSteven
10+ year member

I own a Sony Xplod XM-2200GTX. All of a sudden when i power up my amplifier. The light stays green and turned on which is normal. All good. But after about 10 seconds it then turns red. Could anyone help me? All my grounds are perfect. My gain isnt set to high. I never actually play my music to its full power. Im a bit to ***** to actually bring it up higher cause i know i cant buy another for a while if it goes out. I am fairly active right now on the forums so i could reply to your messages fairly fast.

I had the same problem. Took my car to multiple audio shops and finally after doing a general upgrade on my electrical system I found my voltage regulator was ruined. I have a 1971 car with an external voltage regulator so depending on how new your car is it could have it built in the alt. not saying this is the problem but sounds like what happened to me.

I Have a meter that shows voltage. and it has no bad drop in voltage. My other amplifier. I have this sony for my bass. and my mids are from the Hifonics BRX1200.4 The hifonics plays fine. I really miss the bass lol.

If you own a DMM, I would check the resistance at the speaker terminals. It could be that one of your coils blew causing your overall impedance to drop and it's sending your amp into protect.

Another possible reason is that it's an xplod amp and it's position on the amplifier quality totem pole is the portion of it that sticks into the ground to keep it from falling over.

If it's not your ground or input voltage, then the load on your amp is too low, or your amp blew. I can't think of any other reasons for it to behave that way.

If you own a DMM, I would check the resistance at the speaker terminals. It could be that one of your coils blew causing your overall impedance to drop and it's sending your amp into protect.
Another possible reason is that it's an xplod amp and it's position on the amplifier quality totem pole is the portion of it that sticks into the ground to keep it from falling over.

If it's not your ground or input voltage, then the load on your amp is too low, or your amp blew. I can't think of any other reasons for it to behave that way.
Yeah. well i hooked up my speaker to my 4 channel now for a small amount of bass. the speakers fine. Looks like my amplifier just took a **** i guess. Not to much luck today.

Disconnect speaker cables and RCA cables, let it start up with only B+, gnd and remote connected, then check the voltage on amplifier power terminals - if all seems to be OK with voltages, you will have to get amp repaired.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.