Amplifier for Sundown Audio X-15?

I'm looking for any suggestions on an amplifier for a single sundown audio X-15. It is currently being ran off of a kicker cx1200.1 at 1ohm. Basically it's not 1ohm stable and it's had the living crap beat it at 1ohm for a few years. It's not doing to we'll and I'm looking for an amp that will get this sub pounding loud on the lows but do it efficiently on power. My electrical is setup for around 1500wattsrms I'm guessing sense I only have sky high 4 gauge ofc power and ground. I guess anywhere from 1200 to 2500 watts rms as a way to future proof if I can ever upgrade my electrical. Not sure if a larger amp like a 2000 or 2500 could be more efficient if properly tuned with an oscilloscope but I have always thought it may last longer than pushing a smaller amp to its limites. Will need to be 1 ohm stable. Thanks in advanced.

Big amp setting on its @ss barely lifting a finger to fully push your subs is a lot more efficient than a small amp being overworked.

My banda 7k be chillin all the time pushing my m1 18s at less than 10% gain with negative sub level.

I would do your big 3 1st before getting another amp.

Is your X15 d2 or d4?

AS mentioned above, any of those would work. Even a used one on here or another car audio classified site would work to if you don't mind used.

With 4g wiring I'd run around 1000watts... If your going to get a real 2500 watt amp and not some boss audio your going to want some 0 gauge. And what's wrong with your kicker amp? Why is it not doing so well?

Thanks for the replys. I'm definitely gonna see what I can do as far as 0 gauge big three and maybe a run the back because I really would like to future proof myself. Its just such a small area on the firewall so i may need to deal with the 4 gauge for a while. Problems with the kicker is I have been running it at 1ohm on my sub and it's been over heating pretty bad because it is not 1ohm stable. It is a dual 2 ohm sub.

Big amp setting on its @ss barely lifting a finger to fully push your subs is a lot more efficient than a small amp being overworked.
My banda 7k be chillin all the time pushing my m1 18s at less than 10% gain with negative sub level.
Is your X15 d2 or d4?

AS mentioned above, any of those would work. Even a used one on here or another car audio classified site would work to if you don't mind used.
With 4g wiring I'd run around 1000watts... If your going to get a real 2500 watt amp and not some boss audio your going to want some 0 gauge. And what's wrong with your kicker amp? Why is it not doing so well?
Thanks for the replys. I'm definitely gonna see what I can do as far as 0 gauge big three and maybe a run the back because I really would like to future proof myself. Its just such a small area on the firewall so i may need to deal with the 4 gauge for a while. Problems with the kicker is I have been running it at 1ohm on my sub and it's been over heating pretty bad because it is not 1ohm stable. It is a dual 2 ohm sub.
I found a few options like the bc2000d and soundqubed 2200.1 and sundown audio scv 1500.1 which would suite me well with the 15v capped supply for better power at 12v. Any one know of where I could find these amps or similar ones around 1500-2000 watts rms used? I found a few 2200.1 in the classifieds here but they are going fast it seems so its hard to find much else.

Thanks for that link that's an awesome bargain. Had some great dyno results. Even though it is cheaper it will give me time to save up for something crazy expensive in the future if something happens but this amp seems pretty well built.

Is your X15 d2 or d4?

Check your local CL...sometimes you might find a deal or two on there.
Ok Ive narrowed it down to q1 2200.1 bc2000d ampere audio 2000.1 and scv 1500d or if I save more scv 2000d. I personally am interested in the q1 2200.1 because I found one used in great condition and I have heard nothing but good about them. How is the q1 2200.1? I'm gonna get it more than likely but will it hold its own against these other options with the x-15? Do they put out good power at 13~ volts 1ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.