Ample Audio

cleansoundzz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Buena Park
I have the privilege of living 2 miles away from the main Ample Audio company headquarters and by chance found them on ampguts, clicked on to the website and found out they are in Buena Park. I met the owner Sung and he gave me a history of his company. They started as a company in 1999. Before he started the company he was a main designer for Crossfire for their BMF and CFA series of amps. He did that for a number of years before deciding to begin his own venture. When they started out they had 2 lines of amps the ample line and exonic line with exonic being the high end line. Now the ample line has been nixed and he only makes the Exonic line. About 2 weeks ago I purchased 2 of their amps the Exonic EXA 3000DX (1500 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm, 1200 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms and 800 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms) and EXA 500 (60 x 4 @ 4 ohms, 90 x 4 @ 2 ohms). These amps do about 20% more of their rated power and are sq amps all the way. The only amps that I have heard this clean were my 2 JL Audio amps which were used for about 6 years. They use top notch components in their amps and their amps are very very stylish. Their speakers are very very good. I put some Exonic 6.5 midbass with the tweeters in the rear of my truck and they make about an 80% difference in sound quality. Overall, I just wanted to give the readers accurate information about their products and to say that they are definitely a small little known company that produces top notch products, especially the amplifiers. I will post pictures of the internals of these amps in the next post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Here are some more internals. The internals on the left are from the Exonic EXA 3000DX and right EXA 500. The RF amps will be coming out this week out of my Z. They will be for sale soon.

i installed many many many exonic and or ample audio subs-amps- and mids and highs

every install left the customer happy

i have about $10,000 worth of it being used in many customers cars

i have not had 1 broken part or defective part , nothing came back

When they started out they had 2 lines of amps the ample line and exonic line with exonic being the high end line. Now the ample line has been nixed and he only makes the Exonic line.
CLOSE! ...... but no cigar. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was one of the very first original east coast Ample dealers. Ample DID have two lines, but Exonic didn't come along until the 3rd year.

The first year were the A- series and they were in chrome. The AP series were in black with silver highlights.

The second year were the X series and they were in brushed metal, the AP series stayed the same.

The third year the Exonic line came out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I still have the original ample banners in both black and white, as well the original dealer invoice brochure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I even have an original A226 in the closet somewhere and a pair of the original tweeters.

We consistently blew the larger names away at sound offs. Ample has all the potential in the world, but you have to set it up even more carefully than normal products. It's really touchy and if you don't get it right, it sounds nasty. If you wanted bang for the buck you used the A226 amp @ 500+ watts. If you wanted to beat the snot out of a couple 12's or 15's you stepped up to the A240. If you wanted to run 4 or more subs you ran the 1200DX and daisy chained them for high power DB drags.

The loudest setup we ran in the $500 range was an A226 amp and an aluminum GS Designs GSD12 12" sub in a tuned port box. You couldn't spend less than $1000 anywhere and touch it in 2001. We sold more of those combo's than we could build. I remember being backed up 5 days building tuned port boxes for the GSD 12's.

If anyone has a line on an AP series amp, I'm looking for one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Matter of fact I went out to storage and found the original setup from my sound wall. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The first A-226 in Chattanooga in 1999 and the first prototype tuned port box I designed for the GSD12.

Off the top of my head, it had 13 inches of vertical port, 22 inches of horizontal port and 6 inches wide. The port ran the length of the box inside. Somewhere around 2 cube of space for the box. Hard to remember 8 yrs back.

Meanest 12" box I've heard though. Tuned to hit every note possible. It of course had it's sweet spot that I'd set by vehicle, but it was not a one trick box. These days the technology has came so far single 12 setups can run so much wattage in trick boxes the old stuff likely won't hold up against it, I'm guessing. We were doing 250 RMS off the A-226 amps with the single 12" running around 138db A-weighted. Those were good numbers in 1999.

IMG_6876.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.