Amp Wiring

Chazbo
10+ year member

N/A
I have 4 gauge wiring going to the back of the car to a distro block putting out 2 8 gauge wires.

The problem is that one amp I'm looking at running is a Profile CA640(for comps and rear) and it requires 4 gauge power and ground. The other amp is a Crossfire 100.2 tek(sub) which has run fine off of 8

Will it be okay to run the 8 gauge to the Profile since it comes off of a 4 gauge or do I need to run seperate wire. Both amps are rated as 2 x 25 amp fuses.

I'm thinking it'll be okay but I'm just looking for a little re-insurance.

Any tips or suggestions appreciated!

One other question I had was when I'm wiring up the comps I was going to run the speaker wire along the same general path that the power is following on the one side and the RCA's and remote on the other. Are either of these going to cause any interference???????

Thanks!!!!

with a 2x25 amp fuse? That seems more like an 8gauge amp to me...but that's just me.

I think the general method is to do power on one side, rcas on the other, and speaker wire doesn't matter what side. remote I think you can do whichever side you want, but I had mine with my power wire since I consider that power.

on some kits the remote is attached to the RCAs so it just stays with them, and as long as you keep the 8ga fairly short, you shouldnt have any problem

power wire emits alot of EMI (electromagnetic interference), because of this you should RCA's on the other side because the RCA's would pick up the signal and send it to the amp as sound, and it will be reproduced as ugly, ugly sound....

as for remote, it doesnt really matter, whichever side your doing and the remotre wire is out, just do it lol..

as for running wires, DO IT. power wire look ugly out in the open. just unscrew your kick panels and door sill, then tuck the wire underneath your carpet, and put the panels and sills back on.. its VERY easy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.