amp to stock radio in 06 TrailBlazer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hoppinlowrider
10+ year member

Chicago
Im looking to add an amp and sub in my 2006 Chevy TrailBlazer. Im looking to keep my factory radio. I do have a bose system. I know I need a line out converter. Wat I need to know is where I could get at the speaker wires to get a signal from to hook up to the line out converter. And wat colors they are going to be.

Also where would be a easy place to get the switched 12+ volts from for the remote wire.

thanks

I'm selling my box for my trailblazer, you should buy it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If its anything like my tahoe the amp is under the console. Tap the converter after the amp. The remote wire is pink

well searched google:

LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +

and for the remote wire connect into the pink wire

I THINK! haha dont have a blazer just check it out behind the radio

no factory sub and I do have a bose system so I prolly have an amp sum where but im not sure where and where I could tap into the speaker wires so i can hook up the line out converter

If your going to tap it into the left rear as stated above. Pull the trim panel on the pillar between your front and rear doors. Look for the hole that goes through the pillar and into the rear door. You will see the brown and yellow wires. They are usually twisted together.

My tahoe has Bose and a sub and the door speakers are crossed over. I hope for your sake your doors aren't crossed over. Or else your sub won't see any low frequencies.

It would be easiest to do this at the amp. That way you can connect your remote wire at the same time. Not to mention you won't have to pull your radio. Google is your friend. Find out where your amp is and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.