Amp to speaker wiring questions.

hellastock_rsx

So I know there's a million threads on this but I've seen a few different ways people have said to do it and I just want to make sure I'm doing it right before I do it so I don't mess anything up.

First off I'm running a Memphis Audio 16-SRX750D.1 amp to a DVC 4ohm Rockford Fosgate P3 12" and I want to present it as 2ohm. So my question is how to run the wires to do that and also even though it's a mono amp it has 2 positive & 2 negative output terminals so should I run a positive out of the one set and a negative out of the other or just run the positive and negative out of the same set of terminals?

Secondly I also have a Rockford Fosgate P1000x2 ran to two Fosgate P3 10"s so how can I run the wires to present that as 2ohm so i can get the 500 watt RMS to both of them? If it's even possible because everything I've seen looks like you can only present it as 4ohm.

The pics I attached are two that I found that I think are right but not 100% sure. Thanks for any help.

So your wanting to wire up 2 12's and 2 10's at the same time, using two diff amps? Not a good idea to wire up 2 diff sized subs. keep them 12's and sell off the 10's for something to upgrade or save later on for better equipment.

I got one 12 & two 10s and ive been running it for a while but I bought a new amp for the 12 so I want to know how to wire it at 2ohm. And rewire the 10s to 2ohm if possible.

First off learn how to read... Ive told you two times now it's TWO TENS AND A TWELVE and second I know they'll "cancel" each other but I'm still gonna try it so if your not gonna help me then get off this thread and go bother somone else

oh my bad. At least I know NOT to mix sub sizes but hey dowhatever thefuck you want. Shoot yourself in the foot....not my system.

You know they'll cancel each other out but come here seeking advice anyway....lmao what a retard.

Oh btw lilbitch, everybody here is gonna tell you the same thing I already told you. But I can already tell your really stubborn and gonna do it anyway. So why bother coming to a car audio forum anyway.....

[quote name='hellastock_rsx']I'm not trynna act tough. All I want to know is how to wire them at 2ohm. I'm not asking peoples opinions on mixing sub sizes and I'm tired of arguing with you about this.[/QUOTE]
@Boomin_tahoe is right. Even if he does seem to have a way with words... If you were to sell off the two 10s and buy another 12 you could get more output! MIXING SUB SIZES IS A BAD IDEA there I said it because I have to.

ANYWAY to actually answer your question.

DVC 4 ohm Rockford 12. Run them in parallel. So run Positive to Positive on the sub and negative to negative on the sub. that will cut the impedance from 2 4 ohm coils down to 2 ohms. then run from one coil to the amp :)

On the 10s, are they dual 4 ohm? or dual 2 ohm? if they are dual 4 it is impossible to present a 2 ohm load. but if they are dual 2s you can present a 2 ohm load. Just let me know!

I DO NOT RECOMMEND MIXING SUB SIZES but you have the right to do anything you wish with your sound system because after all, its yours. Just make sure no matter what different size subs are not in the same chamber of the same box. That can REALLY mess things up! IMO you will be surprised how happy you would be with just 2 12s! The 12 you have is a d4, so if you got another d4 12 you could wire them to one ohm on a say 1500 watt mono block and it would give you some really nice output! AGAIN, not criticizing your system. It's yours, you do whatever makes you happy with your money, but that would be my advice if you want to be louder and have higher sound quality in the future :) we are all here to learn.

To say that these subs will 'cancel each other out' is an amateur view as well, without knowing more details on the system.

Instead of telling you that you are a jackass, I would have to ask more questions. How are they being set up? Seperate boxes? 10's in doors?

If their being put in the same box, same chambers...don't.

If you're putting the 12 in a ported box in the trunk and tuning it really low 20-32 Hz and the 10's sealed in the doors or another box all together tuned at lets say 50hz, you could have really low and punchy bass...

What's wrong with that?

I dunno...some of these guys are no fun, by the book, geeks.

Do what you want, experiment, play...nothing to loose.

But that would be my advice, separate boxes, separate cross over points...different tuning

I'm running a 15" behind me for sub bass and 2 8's in the kicks for bass/mid bass

Thank you @dudeogo for actually answering my questions. So the pic I attached for the 12 is correct then? Also the 10s are 4ohm.

And @Buick_66 they are all in the same box but sealed off in their own chambers. And I doubt it makes a difference but the 10s are on each side facing up with the twelve in the middle facing the back of the car (all sealed). And honestly I just know the basics on subs like how to run wires for them and tune them by ear but I dont know how to tune a sub to specific Hz so idk what they're tuned to. But I personally think they hit hard af and sound good for mixed subs and so does anyone that heard them. Maybe one day I'll just switch to two 12s, but for now I'm happy with my setup. And I did a bunch of research on mixing subs so i know it's not as simple as just "cancelling each other" but I just thought I'd keep it simple lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.