Amp to power L7 2ohms 750w.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well I ended up selling the Planet Audio amp for 65 dollars and now im in the market looking for a new amp. I am looking at 3 amps in the price range of 150. Massive Audio for 161, American Bass 1600md for 125, and Audio Technix 800.1. I am not familiar with any of these 3 amps(or any for that matter), but after looking at old threads they seem to get good reviews. My question to you guys is which one should I go with? Should I look at other ones instead? The RF Prime 750.1 looks really nice but the price is a bit steep 211 on Amazon.

Oh sorry about that I was planning on wiring it 1 ohm. May I ask why you chose the Audio Technix over the other two? What am I suppose to be reading on the spec sheets to know one is better than the other?

Oh sorry about that I was planning on wiring it 1 ohm. May I ask why you chose the Audio Technix over the other two? What am I suppose to be reading on the spec sheets to know one is better than the other?
pretty much massive's recent lower line amps aren't that great reputation wise their old school stuff was decent. American bass phantom series are their lowest line of amps. I love doing business with audio technix/CT sounds, coleman and rick are great people to deal with and their products are excellent and their amps have very good feedback on here, MAF and SMD forums. I'd say its the only amp that will actually put out rated rms cleanly out of the 3 unless someone proves me wrong via clamp tests of the other two.

You'd want to look for Efficiency at 1 ohm and Total harmonic distortion if they list those and also the fusing of the amps(although some require external fusing). Also useful(not always neccessary) to know more about the company's history, the build houses for their amps, the internal gut shots of the amp, clamp tests/reviews by individuals who've used it. Pretty much need legit research before dropping dough on products.

Well I ended up selling the Planet Audio amp for 65 dollars and now im in the market looking for a new amp. I am looking at 3 amps in the price range of 150. Massive Audio for 161, American Bass 1600md for 125, and Audio Technix 800.1. I am not familiar with any of these 3 amps(or any for that matter), but after looking at old threads they seem to get good reviews. My question to you guys is which one should I go with? Should I look at other ones instead? The RF Prime 750.1 looks really nice but the price is a bit steep 211 on Amazon.
Kicker zx750.1. You should be able to get one on ebay for around 150 mabey a lil more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.