amp to batt

Chance89
10+ year member

CrAsHiNg *****
Alberta
How the hell do u guys give power to ur amp??? I got monster cable coming from the battery, remote off the deck, and about 5 inches of ground wire to seat bolt. Ground wire mayeb too small?...so why is me battery dead all the time??

well, not enough info to know but ground can NEVER be too short... 5 inches is excellent, and the rear seat belt bolt is the best ground according to the CEA... the shorter the ground, the less current you lose...

Is your turn on led working properly? Maybe it's staying on after you turn your car off. This would cause your battery to drain. It could also be a bad battery. Go to Autozone and have the check it ..it is free.

my turn on led is the power light on my amp right?...thats off whenever I shut my truck off. My battery was good maybe all this draining and recharging is messing it up even more. I'm clueless. I don't want to put a switch in because thats kinda weird...thanx

sometimes if diodes fail in your alternator it can draw current from the battery while the car is not running....or you could have a stuck relay somewhere.

it's definitley my amp drawing the power...cause whenever you hook up the cable again, there's a little spark...and I disconnected the wire and left my truck for a couple weeks in like minus 40 and she started no prob..so it's definalty the amp...I'm thinking maybe whatever kind of circuit's in the amp to shut the amp off when I shut my key off is sticking...

Is it possible that your power cable is shorting out somewhere? The little spark isn't odd at all, since the battery is always on, regardless of the amp being on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.