AMP suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Its_finessed

So I have 3 amps, a mono for the sub I plan on installing, a 2 channel and a 4 channel, but I don't really wanna buy another amp, but they're pretty cheap ones, 200 watts for the 2 channel and 240 watts for the 4 channel, am I just better off spending the extra money to get another amp? There's a total of 8 speakers including the tweaters in my Escalade and a factory sub.. Any help?

So I have 3 amps, a mono for the sub I plan on installing, a 2 channel and a 4 channel, but I don't really wanna buy another amp, but they're pretty cheap ones, 200 watts for the 2 channel and 240 watts for the 4 channel, am I just better off spending the extra money to get another amp? There's a total of 8 speakers including the tweaters in my Escalade and a factory sub.. Any help?
Unless you're very comfortable with wiring and tuning a multi-amp sound system I recommend you simplify. Let's back it up and get more context.

What is all this audio equipment you want to install?

Brand and model of each amp.

Speaker details - also need brands and models including the sub.

Radio brand and model.

Processor? You know the drill.

Unless you're very comfortable with wiring and tuning a multi-amp sound system I recommend you simplify. Let's back it up and get more context.
What is all this audio equipment you want to install?

Brand and model of each amp.

Speaker details - also need brands and models including the sub.

Radio brand and model.

Processor? You know the drill.
Radio - DNX-8120

Amps-

RAMPAGE 4-channel 240 watt

VR3 2-channel 200 watt

Alpine V12 MRV-100M

Tweeters - Undetermined

Door speakers -

Front - Infinity 6030cs 270 watt peak 90RMS

REAR DOORS- Infinity Kappa series 52.7i 55w RMS 165w peak

No processor yet, still loooing but I also have a 10 inch sub my father gave me that I know little about that I'm looking to find a place to put it before I take it out of the enclosure to see info on it.

Radio - DNX-8120Amps-

RAMPAGE 4-channel 240 watt

VR3 2-channel 200 watt

Alpine V12 MRV-100M

Tweeters - Undetermined

Door speakers -

Front - Infinity 6030cs 270 watt peak 90RMS

REAR DOORS- Infinity Kappa series 52.7i 55w RMS 165w peak

No processor yet, still loooing but I also have a 10 inch sub my father gave me that I know little about that I'm looking to find a place to put it before I take it out of the enclosure to see info on it.
The full range amps(RAMPAGE and VR3) are no good. They're both bargain bin brands that probably sound very poor even when new and pristine. The Alpine should be fine assuming it still works properly.

You could run the speakers and a sub with a 4-channel amp and the MRV-100M. You don't need to add more tweeters as you already have 2-way components(6030cs set).

The full range amps(RAMPAGE and VR3) are no good. They're both bargain bin brands that probably sound very poor even when new and pristine. The Alpine should be fine assuming it still works properly.
You could run the speakers and a sub with a 4-channel amp and the MRV-100M. You don't need to add more tweeters as you already have 2-way components(6030cs set).
I figured, I was looking at running to the audio store in my area a Jensen POWER7604 4-channel amp

They're not the best quality speakers or amps but they're a step up for a being on a budget right now.. What's your opinion on the amp though?
The speakers are fine. The Jensen amp is a step up from Rampage and VR3.

Is the audio shop also going to install the system?

The speakers are fine. The Jensen amp is a step up from Rampage and VR3.
Is the audio shop also going to install the system?
I have a pretty good knowledge of audio system installation I just don't know components that much, my dad is a wiz at everything car related so I'd have him do it so it was actually a professional set up of course..

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/630585-soundstream-rubicon-4-600-%24100-shipped.html that Jensen is only $95 on amazon do not pay more than that.. be back with another amp link....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.