Amp suddenly stopped performing.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mickey_079

Hey.

Well today I was putting my seats back in my car after some minor cosmetic work (i mention this because my amp is under the seat). Anyway I finished putting my seats back and turn car on and the audio was working like it does everyday.

It got through about 3 songs when it started getting distorted, I didn't know what was going on, I checked the volt meter gauge and noticed my volts had dropped down to only 8 VOLTS!!!!. So I clutched started it and slide the seat forward to check the amp was still ok and notice the Power LED was no longer working however.

I own an Infinity 7541a and have never had problems with it, never heated up to over 25 degrees celsius, I have had it for a long time and personally the best amp I have ever owned. So this is my main problem....

Everything is working, excluding subs, when I touch screws on the side of the amp the Clip light comes on, the subs are working but terribly, producing terrible bass, the remote wire is only producing 3 volts and the sub terminals have got a considerable less amount of OHMS than what the speaker terminals do. The amps tuning switches haven't been touched.

Can anyone give some help to fix this or am I just gunna have to go down to Autobarn to get it looked at?

Cheers.

Ah I don't know what I did but it seems to be working now :S

I ended up taking one sub out anyway (it needs to be replaced) and now it goes just as hard. The power LED still isn't on and the clip light doesn't come on when it touch the amp either but I'm just going to leave it for time being. If it happens again I'm going to have to track down where ground cable is connected. I didn't install the system and all my cables are ran under the carpet.

Thanks for your help dman. Much appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.