Amp+sub on a SubCompact (B class)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Because the sub is a single 4 ohm that amp will only put a max of 200 watts to the sub.
I would get a 4 channel for your front end and a separate mono amp for the sub.
Look for something that runs 400-500 watts @ 4ohms
Although Alpine is a household name brand they are expensive and IMO overrated.
You can get a 4 channel and a sub amp for equal to or less that that Alpine amp your looking at.
Sub Amp
https://www.down4soundshop.com/sundown-audio-sfb-1000d/
500 watts @ 4ohms plus more power available if you want to upgrade the sub later
4 channel amp:
https://www.down4soundshop.com/sundown-audio-sfb-200-4d-4-ch-full-range-amplifier/
75x4 @4ohms
Both amps are able to run down to 1 ohm and combined it is with in $20 of that alpine amp with the added bonus of being able to run 1000 watts into a sub if you so desire in the future

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.