amp strapping confusion.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ktraughb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have 2to xsite xad2k amps. These are the same board as many amps but have unique controls, and that's where im confused. I have the manual, but its confusing as well. It says to put negative to negative. First one in master is positive, slave positive is the negative...uses a rj11 cable for data link. ...however then im lost. It shows the master amp having rca input from head unit and then the strange part is on output on master amp it says "from inputs of satellite amplifier". I don't have a clue what this means. It shows no rca cables on input or output of slave amp. Im terribly confused. No other rca jacks on these amps. I can send a pic of the diagram if anyone is confused by my description. Thnx

anne in advance for any help. I need it.

prolly a master out rca connects to a slave in rca then speaker + on master amp and speaker - on the slave amp ,then a wire from the - speaker lead from master to - speaker lead on slave,with the linking cable

I have 2to xsite xad2k amps. These are the same board as many amps but have unique controls, and that's where im confused. I have the manual, but its confusing as well. It says to put negative to negative. First one in master is positive, slave positive is the negative...uses a rj11 cable for data link. ...however then im lost. It shows the master amp having rca input from head unit and then the strange part is on output on master amp it says "from inputs of satellite amplifier". I don't have a clue what this means. It shows no rca cables on input or output of slave amp. Im terribly confused. No other rca jacks on these amps. I can send a pic of the diagram if anyone is confused by my description. Thnxanne in advance for any help. I need it.
i assume you mean sub wiring, yes connect the amps speaker negatives together

if first one you mean sub positive then im pretty sure yes the sub positives go to the master positive

sub negatives go to slave positive

as far as rca's go, the rcas obviously go to the master, then it should be output on master to input on slave. at least thats how my saz's connect. as well as the speaker wiring i explained is the way my saz's go. so it should be the same as what your saying but if you want to post a picture of the amps go ahead and ill look at it. if the amps are not the same amp identically i cannot tell advise you strap becuz if they are different amps then they are not meant to strap to each other..

Yeah they're identical. And yeah that's what I thought is that the output from master should go to input on slave in terms of rca. Sorry I described that kinda weird. I thought it strange they left that out of the manual though. Lol. Seems important. And I know many strap differently, but I assume this is the only way to transfer the signal. I can't imagine the RJ 11 cable transfers the sound too--isnt that just for gain transfer? Sorry, I wish there was something better to compare these to.most amps have a single rca daisy chain type bridge. This one is new to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.