Amp SLC 365

Participant count
  • Participant list

ENDER_XVICM
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, I just recently installed my SLC 365s and am looking for a good amp to power them. I am currently using a JBL CS60.4 but want to give that to a friend as a trade for some rims he gave me. I have been looking at some 2 and four channel amps by US Amps, Alpine and Zapco. I am wondering though how much power these speakers can handle. Correct me if im worng but Rainbow rates these speakers (SLC 365) at 80W RMS. What can they actually handle. (Please only answer if you have expierence with these specific speakers) I have been told they can handle 120, 150, and 200.

So can anyone please let me know what they can handle and maybe suggest a few amps. I am thinking no more than 300 for the amp (but cheaper is always better), but I can spend a bit more if you convince me it is worth it.

Here are two that I have looked at.

ALPINE

PDX-2.150

http://www.woofersetc.chttp://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4737om/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4737

US AMPS

XT-800.2

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5308

A request but not required

Smaller size if possible. Suggest anything though.

Those PDX amps are so tiny, you could easily use them in a stealth install or somewhere very hidden..

Both would work probably great, Premieraudio could get you a deal on the US amps one because he is a seller of their stuff.

Both amps are good, it's up to you. The PDX would definately be my choice if you had limited room since it's tiny, but if you had plenty of room the US amps would do great too.

I have the 265's and i gave them 100 and they were fine. 150 would be fine, 200 would be fine as long as you set the gain correctly.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

DejaWiz. In that tutorial it says to use an oscilloscope. I looked aound online and could not find any that are in any way cheap. Any suggestions on where to get one or find one i can use?

EDIT

Was that tutorial written running those speakers actively?

No, that was written running those speakers biamped through the passive xovers. You might have to call some shops and ask if they have an oscilloscope they can test your HU and amps with. They might charge you a nominal fee for testing your equipment, but at least you'll know what the max undistorted volume is on your HU and whether or not your amps will clip at a given gain setting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.