Amp RMS Question

Question.. i have a.sealed box and there's 4 adapter things that the subs wire to on the inside of the box and then pos/neg wires run from the outside of it to the amps i have now. Would i wire it like you explained except only wire it to 2 of adapters instead of all 4?

Wire all the subs in series (positive of one coil to negative of other coil) and take the positive and negative left over and hook them up to every speaker terminal, or adapter, inside the box. Then, from the outside of the box, parallel the two right terminals. Take a speaker cable and hook it up (positive and negative) to the terminal farthest to the right. Take the other end of that cable and hook it up to the middle-right terminal. Then run a cable (positive and negative) from the middle-right terminal to the right channel of your amp. That takes care of the parallel into the amp. Do the same thing with the farthest left and middle-left terminals. When it's all set and done, you should have cables going from your outside terminals to your inside terminals, and then cables going from your inside terminals to the amp (a left + and - and a right + and -). If you wire it that way on the PPI A600.2, you'll be at 2 ohms stereo (300x2)...and it will sound good.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well it depends on what the amp ratings are. If you decide to get a mono amp, it's probably going to do it's highest rated power at 1 ohm. In this case, all the wiring inside the box would be the same, and the way you wire the terminals would be the same, but you would just tie the cables going to your amp together (2 positives and 2 negatives) when connecting them to the amp. That give you a final load of 1 ohm.

As someone mentioned, you want to get a monoblock that can link em both together For around 1000-1500 RMS power @ 1ohm.

*clears throat*

I just so happen to have a brand new in the box not once has it seen any power to it - Audioque AQ1200D Monoblock (1200@1ohm rated, although this amp reads just over 1500@1ohm actual power!) You can bridge two of these into a linked 1800@2ohm SQ purposely keepin these 4 subs to run em at max load spurts OR feel free to run em chained to 2600ish RMS @ 1ohm for a beastmode single woofer/two 2k watt 12"'s?

$260 shipped

I will even buy you a friend of mine's 1200D so you can have the 2nd one already it ships from a different zipcode hes out of state. $260 for the brand new one with box & i'll pay shipping on his if you just make me out with $25 profit...$505 both shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.