amp repair help pics inside rf power 1000.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

michaellane
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tx
so i got two bd1000.1 and a 800.4 the other day. one bd1000.1 isnt doing too well lol. the all three amps are mint as could be but only one 1000 and the 800.4 work perfect. now the non working amp gave a high pitched noise the second it tunred on then it just cut off. was only seeing a 4ohm load at the time and barely even turned up. well i opened it up and found one blown fet im assuming. whats the average repair cost?

or who knows a good repair guy that doesnt take forever?

The FETs themselves will not cost you too much but all the FETs that are hooked in parallel with that one (which may only be the one right next to it) will need to be swapped out also. The cost for fixing Rockfords can be a bit high because of the way the FETs are mounted to the insulator. They can be quite a pain to remove and install. I have repaired many Rockfords and the cost is usually around $70. Cost to repair amps can be tricky to come up with without diagnosing because sometimes FEt's just die but other times drivers and other components cause them to fail which can drive up the diagnostic time, repair time and parts cost. Hope this helps and I would be happy to fix it for you. PM me or text me at 330-550-3704.

well i think it is sold as is right now so thank you for the reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and if it isnt sold...it is in the forsale section with the working amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.