amp rattling from inside

Participant count
  • Participant list

jtomsic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
250280_178900188831472_100001344751103_411795_4623853_n.jpg

this is what i found loose inside my amp rattling around.. the amp is working fine now it was acting up but i think that may have been the reason...but im prob going to be buyin a new amp soon now it looks like..

but my question i suppose is..what is this? what does it do? and any other info i can get..

lol, that would be a resistor...

And your amp is NOT working fine now, they usually don't include extra parts that serve no purpose in the final design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

If the amps not under warranty then open it up & see where it came loose & re-solder it in. Actually prob need to get a new one as those leads prob aren't long enough, they're super cheap though.

If the amps not under warranty then open it up & see where it came loose & re-solder it in. Actually prob need to get a new one as those leads prob aren't long enough, they're super cheap though.
its not under warranty and i did open it up but i cant tell where i came from ... i am gonna use it til it blows i suppose.. i was plannin on buyin new one soon anyhow..gives me incentive i suppose lol

working fine for 2 days now?
lol, that would be a resistor...

And your amp is NOT working fine now, they usually don't include extra parts that serve no purpose in the final design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
No it's not. There's a circuit in there that's no longer functioning as designed. Meaning it could be something as small as the phase shift feature not working anymore, but it could also be as big as one of power transistors no longer being connected properly and one of your rail voltages being off. Like I said, they don't include extra parts for nothing, your amp is NOT working working fine, your lucky it's even working at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.