Amp randomly losing power at any volume

ElementsOS

**I've searched everywhere and no one seems to be having the same problem as me and I'm hoping someone can help me.**

Ok, so I've had my system installed in my vehicle for about 3 months now with no problems. Recently, after about 30 minutes of driving around in my car, my amp loses power. It doesn't go into protect, but the power light dims and all bass is cut from the song. This happens at ANY volume! To get it to come back on I either just turn the volume down a click and wait for the light or turn the HU off and on again. I thought it was the ground, but the amp still loses power after I secured it better. I checked under the hood and the the fuse holder on my power cable back to the amp is melted on one side (battery side) but the fuse is fine. I'm assuming this was because of the ground not being 100% secure. Unless it's the fuse holder giving me problems I literally have no idea why it is losing power.

As for setup, I'm running:

+ (2) RE SE-X12D4s

+ Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D

+ Subs wired down to 1 ohm

+ Amp done in 4ga

+ Big 3 done in 0ga

+ Gains set with DMM

This problem occurred out of the blue and it'd be great if someone could help me solve it, thanks!

May have to run some thicker wire. Melted stuff isn't ever good. How hot does the amp get to the touch?

Have you ever set gains before with a dmm? Sure you did it correct?

check all your cable ends. actually remove them clean them and re install might have burnt one of the ends and your getting a bad connection

May have to run some thicker wire. Melted stuff isn't ever good. How hot does the amp get to the touch?
Have you ever set gains before with a dmm? Sure you did it correct?
Set it with a 50hz test tone and the subs disconnected. Unless when I reconnected the subs the voltage dropped it should be safe. My amp gets pretty warm but nothing I couldn't keep my hand on. Like I said, it happens at any volume.... The only reason there isn't 0ga all the way back is because my amp can only take 4ga.

check all your cable ends. actually remove them clean them and re install might have burnt one of the ends and your getting a bad connection
Will do. Do you guys think that it could actually be the fuse holder giving me bad connection problems? I'll post up a picture in a second.

its the fuse. ive had this happened before. im assuming youre using the walmart schoche set or whatever its called. after it melts, the connection becomes janky. simply replace the wire.

Whats your ground look like
Ground is solid now, there's 4 self tapping screws in and around the ring terminal with washers holding it down. I pulled pretty hard and it didn't budge, I'm pretty sure it's not the ground.

its the fuse. ive had this happened before. im assuming youre using the walmart schoche set or whatever its called. after it melts, the connection becomes janky. simply replace the wire.
It was a Tsunami fuse holder with a 150A fuse. So you're saying replace everything on that side? (4ga, fuse holder, and fuse?) The fuse holder is melted a lot worse than I had previously thought. Here's some pics:

IMAG0720_zps4c4f96a1.jpg

IMAG0721_zps062abf34.jpg

IMAG0722_zps288ff935.jpg

I'm assuming this is the problem, but why does it work for a while (30-40 min) before acting up? And what mistake did I make to cause this?

its got a small connection which allows it to work but because its breathing through a straw its overheating probably and going thermal

you need better and thicker wire ,the wire cannot with stand the amperage draw from the amp thats why this happened ,it's usually because the wire is cheap and insufficient

Ground is solid now, there's 4 self tapping screws in and around the ring terminal with washers holding it down. I pulled pretty hard and it didn't budge, I'm pretty sure it's not the ground.

It was a Tsunami fuse holder with a 150A fuse. So you're saying replace everything on that side? (4ga, fuse holder, and fuse?) The fuse holder is melted a lot worse than I had previously thought. Here's some pics:

IMAG0720_zps4c4f96a1.jpg

IMAG0721_zps062abf34.jpg

IMAG0722_zps288ff935.jpg

I'm assuming this is the problem, but why does it work for a while (30-40 min) before acting up? And what mistake did I make to cause this?
although it make look "usable" get a dmm and put the resistance ends on each side of the fuse holder with the fuse in. it probably reads like 14 ohms or something. due to the heat issue altering the fuse/holder. replace the fuse holder, and get bigger wire, like KNUkonceptz, shock, monster. etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.