Amp rack my style

What Rich B said. I def wouldn't set a 20-25 lb amp on those brackets alone.
Need more support to hold the load/weight.
Once metal has a bend in it, it is instantly reinforced. Not saying that you are wrong because sheetmetal is "flimsy" . I'll show you with some "tests# in terms of how solid they are, even the 18 gauge ones. Also which is why I would just even send a couple of them out. I'll pay the shipping if some of you are willing to just take a look at them.

Once metal has a bend in it, it is instantly reinforced. Not saying that you are wrong because sheetmetal is "flimsy" . I'll show you with some "tests# in terms of how solid they are, even the 18 gauge ones. Also which is why I would just even send a couple of them out. I'll pay the shipping if some of you are willing to just take a look at them.
Yeah I know. I ran a Amada press brake for a very short time. Also CNC laser, punch press in the past all cnc. Now as a cnc machinist for a local aerospace company, I get to make expensive parts from aluminum.

Again, I don't see anybody even hardcore spl competitors using those brackets holding 30 lb+ amps, w/o some sort of support such as a board over the top of it or a crossmember. Also due to vibration issues.

A simple 5 lb amp will work just fine. Easily.

Give these guys what they want! Thick racks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Nah but seriously if they were a bit thicker i'd buy a pair for my amp

I will take a pair for sure. Shoot me a message lets do this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.