AMP rack help PLEASE!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
im getting extremely frustrated as i cannot come up with a good idea for an amp rack or even a good way to mount 3 amps and make everything look clean in my vehicle! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

idc where or how it is i just want it to look decent and look CLEAN. I will have a 4 channel and 2 mono amps i would like to find a good way to mount the mono amps so there is a couple inches of spacing underneath them given the amps heat sink ***** they are too small for the power they produce (heat) though they do have vents (not fans) at the bottom of them i would also like them where i can hopefully get a fan or two on each to help push the heat out all this together is proving very difficult and i am not good with ideas

i have a couple of pictures to kind of show what im working with...i can get any measurments or additional info that is needed..please someone thats good with this and good at making things work help me!

i am very grateful to anyone who can help!

IMG20130904162523.jpg

IMG20130904162539.jpg

IMG20130904162536.jpg

I would slide the box back a bit...make an amp rack in front of it and flush out all the amps and hide that battery in there as well. Then use the extra wood and make some trim panels to go around the enclosure on top/bottom to smooth out the whole install.

I would slide the box back a bit...make an amp rack in front of it and flush out all the amps and hide that battery in there as well. Then use the extra wood and make some trim panels to go around the enclosure on top/bottom to smooth out the whole install.
Slightly confused by what you mean not all but some was thinkin of something similar Ibelieve but worried it'd get in the way of the air flow of the port and box is back as far as I can get it

Why not do two flushed in racks along the sides, that way you have some of the floor in front of the port available for cargo? It would also allow you to conceal that battery if done right. Say the two monos on the left, and the four channel above where the battery is on the right, but symmetrical from both sides. Or, build a false floor underneath the enclosure, and then encase the battery as well.

Why not do two flushed in racks along the sides, that way you have some of the floor in front of the port available for cargo? It would also allow you to conceal that battery if done right. Say the two monos on the left, and the four channel above where the battery is on the right, but symmetrical from both sides. Or, build a false floor underneath the enclosure, and then encase the battery as well.
Not a bad idea idk if Iwant the box any higher but built along the sides might not be bad if I can figure a good way to do it prob put the mono amps on the bat side tho so the power wouldn't have as far to travel...

Still open for any other ideas or more specific as well thanks for the input guys

I was talking about sliding the enclosure back toward the rear of the vehicle. Then doing the amp rack behind the seat.

The other option mentioned would look good as well though. Leaving the enclosure where it is at...then building a l_l shape with then mounting the amps on the left and right sides running the wiring behind those panels if at all possible. Then going back over them and using trim panels to flush them out.

I was talking about sliding the enclosure back toward the rear of the vehicle. Then doing the amp rack behind the seat.
The other option mentioned would look good as well though. Leaving the enclosure where it is at...then building a l_l shape with then mounting the amps on the left and right sides running the wiring behind those panels if at all possible. Then going back over them and using trim panels to flush them out.
ah i see what you mean. how much room should i require for my port so im not muffing it?

also the other idea sounds very nice but im still quite new to the custom and building aspect. im not sure i could properly do it. As well as i plan to strap both amps and run each at 2 ohms leveling out to 1 ohm if im correct? Dual 4 ohm subs so i think itd be best to have the amps as close as possible?

i really appreciate the help! as i said im very new and want to keep it fairly simple as much as i wish i could go more complex i dont think its best at the time i was even thinking of a slanted amp rack built right under the window and covering/boxing in my battery. And then installing the fans right underneath the amps (built into amp rack box) and then building a couple other fans and vending out the side where it goes flat and walls the battery. Probably be using 4-6 120mm fans in total. My 4 channel will be fine without tho it will still be in the same rack so should benefit slightly the main fans will be directly under the sub amps

i really am satisfied by my sub amps BUT the overall design is not the best given the heat sink blows and all that lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.