Amp questions - Help complete my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

adam34996

Pretty new so bear with me.

I like the stock look and no longer desire mirror shaking bass. I am very concerned with my mids and highs and just want a nice punchy bass to compliment it - nothing crazy.

This is going in 05 Acura TL and I dont know what amp to pair it with.

I like the stock look and no longer desire mirror shaking bass. I am very concerned with my mids and highs and just want a nice punchy bass to compliment it - nothing crazy.

Deck - Stock with processor

Front - FOCAL 165A3 6-1/2" 320W 3-WAY CAR COMPONENTS

Rear - Stock

Sub - 2 JL AUDIO 8" W3V3

Amp - ? ? ?

I was going to put 2 JL 10" W3V2's but read so many good reviews about the 8" W3 plus its smaller.

I was thinking JL HD900/5 or JL HD700/5 - How much power do I need. Do I even need 5 channels without replacing my rear deck?

Also - I was told by multiple people in another forum not to waste my time with the rear deck because with these Focal 3ways for the front I wouldnt need rears ....true?

awesome car. love them cosmetically.

where do you want to put the amp? either of your options are great. more power lets you play louder. simple as that. you may be just fine with the 700/5, but only you can answer that question. how loud do you want to be?

i agree that rear speakers are not necessary, and if anything, they can distract from the front speakers. with 4 channels you could run the midbass active and maybe squeak more output from it, allowing more bass to be in the sound stage.

if you run rears, i'd try to get some Focal Access midrange drivers. you want tonality to be consistent.

I want them to build trunk custom. Amp in the floor with subs built custom into the side or back or trunk.

But after doing some reading, it looks like the 900/5 is small enough to go under the seat so maybe thats what I will do.

So are you saying I can get a 4 channel ? I am a little confused on channels. I know 2 will be used for the components. But does a channel get used for the rear deck if its stock? Does each sub get its own channel? Does it matter if their is one channel left over?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.