amp dosent work. need ideas on how to find out the problem.

Participant count
  • Participant list

907tacokid
10+ year member

i got my amplifier wet earlyer in the summer and am now in a electronic class working with diodes and resistors and all sorts of stuff like that.

i herd on here with my last account that if i take a digital multi meter to the amp i can find out the piece that blew and fix the problem.

does anyone know if that correct and if so where should i start?

currently as soon as i touch it to a power and ground it blows one of the two 25amp fuses on the side and then wont work.

so its creating a direct curent to the fuse and making it blow but i dont know how to find out where the problem is.

the amplifier is a hifonics zeus 40.4

thanks for your help in advance

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.