Amp problems??

Participant count
  • Participant list

lawlyes2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a hifonics brutus 1206d with 2 audiobahn aw1206t subs. I have them in a 1990 acura integra, and i have recently been having problems with the amp only working sometimes. The fuses are good i think it is the ground wire and im not sure of the best way to ground it i have it on a bolt. It work well all this summer but now that it has been cold out it doesnt want to work properly, i think it is because of the heat differences of the inside and outside of the car and condensation is causing a short circuit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

I had a similar problem with my Kicker ZX700.5. I was quick to blame the amplifier. But later it turned out to be the remote turn on signal from the PAC OEM-2 LOC I was using. The Voltage on the REMOTE terminal of the amp was fluctuating between 0 V and 12.2V. When the Voltage was above 6V the amp was working fine but as soon as it was dropping below 6V the amp was shutting down (going into the protection mode) with a pop sound.

You could have a different problem but it would be certainly worth your while to test the VOLTAGE between the + terminal and the ground as well as the remote terminal and the ground. It should be a minimum of 12V for both.

I am total n00b as far as car audio is concerned (got into the game about 3 weeks ago) but felt great after I discovered this problem and the system sounded great once I replaced the LOC. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

I had a similar problem with my hk4000d. my highs amp is grounded to the fram in the trunk. My hk4000 is grounded to the batt. and it shuts down when i turn it up, but the highs amp stays on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

So today i was driving and the the subs/amp was working fine until i turned it up to 27 which is the normal level i listen to it at. once i turned it up the bass notes would be off key and not hit when they were supposed to.?????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.