Amp powers off w/ heavy bass

Let us know how it works out. if you can try to disconnect the power then hook up the remote wire jumper, and then reconnect the power away from the amp for safety. you don't have to do it that way obviously. but I strongly recommend it especially if it's not overly hard to do because as soon as you touch the 12 volt to the remote lead on the amp it will turn the amp on and if you slip and hit the ground you will be directly shorting it out
Yea, I'll pop the fuse out the (+) wire to the battery, it's right next to the amp

Good deal, let us know how it goes. I really do think this might be the issue, if not it could be something inside the amp, but I would definitely find a way to test everything that you just replaced before saying it's for sure the amp.

Good deal, let us know how it goes. I really do think this might be the issue, if not it could be something inside the amp, but I would definitely find a way to test everything that you just replaced before saying it's for sure the amp.
Yea, I know I'm still really new to this stuff, but I like to think I've educated myself pretty good on the topic. But what a blow to my ego would it be to have them take the amp back on warranty just for them to say there isnt anything wrong with it lol. I don't know how it would have got messed up tho because I've never even made it go into protect mode, I try not to let it get too hot, tried to make available all the power it could ever want, and am giving it the best signal I possibly can at the moment. I have it mounted to 13 ply Berch with soft rubber grommets under and above the mounting holes to dampen vibration, and even have it double grounded with a double 1/0 to single 1/0 input adapter so to have the power doubled connected too as soon as I can order another 50ft of ofc 2/0 welding to double up my runs all the way to the alt.

That's why I really don't think it's the amp and has more to do with something you just changed and, the most logical explanation is that the new head unit has a weaker remote out signal. I've seen this exact thing happened before, but we'll see how it goes once you get that tested. Amps can just f****** sometimes for what seems like no reason at all. hopefully that's not the case here though, and we can get it figured out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.