Amp No output after blown fuse

imagergxs.jpg

With sub disconnected from the amp but connected to box.

imagezs.jpg

With sub connected to box and box connected to amp.

I also noticed this time that my amp wasnt even on when i turned the car on this time, I had bumped against the positive wire and noticed it lit up. Possibly the connection isnt good enough, is there a tip for getting all that wire into that small terminal? The amp says it takes up to 4 awg wire but its like a perfect fit in an ideal world/

Take your dmm, set it to resistance (like you had it), and put the leads directly on the sub's terminals...

Hmm, 0.2 is extremely low...

I would definitely double check all your connections though, a loose power wire is a great way to fry an amp...

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the comments under the pictures, the 0.2 picture is not relevant. The first picture is what's relevant but it's strange though, it looks as though it's not reading ANY resistance...

sure thing, thanks.

Gotta get to bed though, have some appointments and work in the morning. After I do all that tomorrow afternoon I'll post here again.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Hmm, 0.2 is extremely low...
I would definitely double check all your connections though, a loose power wire is a great way to fry an amp...

I think I may be able to get my buddy to come over and let me see his, but at the moment I have none. Ill see what I can do to get one.

Have any other subs you could test the amp with? Kinda sounds like the sub is fubar...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.